• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Hey mate may i ask how long does it take? I'm still waiting to ship my daytona to him for service and it's been a month already.

Sorry, mate, I can't speak for his timeframes. They vary. Just need to communicate with him and wait till he responds. That's all I do.

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
The GF's 6542 looking and running as smooth as silk now

My old long lost and found, broken down DSSD resurrected thanks to you - threaded crown & tube, swapped old date wheel back into a new movement, beautifully alligned again

....you even ultrasonic cleaned both bracelets !

Thank you M, know you're a busy guy

Couldn't recommend your services more highly - communication, capabilities, economical...

Cheers,

poobear

Looking Around
9/1/22
NSW, AU
I wanted to service my newly purchased VSF submariner 116610. Contacted marrickville as per fellow member's recommendations. Initially, I private messaged Marrickville via RWI. Communication was prompt. I sent my VSF sub via Australia Post, registered and tracked. I decided to post it because I didn't have free time in my schedule to deliver it personally. To my regret, Australia Post lost my package and somehow ended up in a warehouse. After weeks of liaising with Australia Post I managed to retrieve my watch. It was sent back to my residence. Marrickville was profusely apologetic for the postal mix-up despite it not being his fault. He offered to meet me to drop-off my watch to ensure it was safely handed over. We determined a meetup location and time and my watch was given to Marrickville. The service was prompt and Marrickville even showed photos of the progress he made. I am very happy with Marrickville's service and would definitely seek his expertise in the future for my rep watch needs.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Glad to hear you got your watch back from Aus Post. Not the first time I've heard of this occurring with domestic post. Some people never got their watches back, either.

I send all mine to Marrickville via post and thankfully have never had a major problem (on one occasion, my watch was reported as delivered, but was still sitting on the shelf at the post office).

Amazing service from him, meeting you in person like that. Doesn't surprise me though - he's a good egg.

Rookstar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/14
Australia
Hi fellow Aussie members, I just wanted to give a massive shoutout and thank you to @tongsui who is based in Melbourne. I sent him a PM for a dial swap and few other things for my 116610LN that I purchased from a fellow member here. I sent the ARF model to @tongsui who not only swapped the dial, he also found other things that were wrong with the watch the naked eye could not pick up and fixed those for me as well.
This is what was done to my ARF 116610LN that is now back on my wrist in Sydney in under a week :)
All this work was completed with (tagged) pictures provided so if I ever do decide to sell the watch, all work can be proven.
This what was done:-
- Change the dial to VSF
- Change the date wheel to VSF
- Change the xtal to VSF
- Minor service to get the manual winding to work
- Replaced SA3135-268 with SH3135-268
- Replaced Hytrel Ring
- Replaced Lug Spring bar
- General Case and bracelet cleaning
- Oiled (Mobieus HP1300) the automatic works and winding gears
- Oiled the bezel click spring

If you need something done, I would highly recommend reaching out to him. In fact, we are going to be doing a Franken DJ41 as well once a few more parts are secured :)
Thank you @tongsui

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Hi fellow Aussie members, I just wanted to give a massive shoutout and thank you to @tongsui who is based in Melbourne. I sent him a PM for a dial swap and few other things for my 116610LN that I purchased from a fellow member here. I sent the ARF model to @tongsui who not only swapped the dial, he also found other things that were wrong with the watch the naked eye could not pick up and fixed those for me as well.
This is what was done to my ARF 116610LN that is now back on my wrist in Sydney in under a week :)
All this work was completed with (tagged) pictures provided so if I ever do decide to sell the watch, all work can be proven.
This what was done:-
- Change the dial to VSF
- Change the date wheel to VSF
- Change the xtal to VSF
- Minor service to get the manual winding to work
- Replaced SA3135-268 with SH3135-268
- Replaced Hytrel Ring
- Replaced Lug Spring bar
- General Case and bracelet cleaning
- Oiled (Mobieus HP1300) the automatic works and winding gears
- Oiled the bezel click spring

If you need something done, I would highly recommend reaching out to him. In fact, we are going to be doing a Franken DJ41 as well once a few more parts are secured :)
Thank you @tongsui
Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad able to bring it up to current standard and you could enjoy it for years to come ! Wear in good health

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Great to see the rep-friendly options on our little island are growing. Big respect to people with these skills.

Speaking of which, I got my Noob 126610 back from @marrickville today, with an ETA 2824 installed and working beautifully. Thanks mate! 🥃🥃🥃

zm0U5P.jpg

z39voI.jpg

The other is a VSF. I often get the two mixed up when they're out of their coffins and have to check the serial number.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Another recommendation for @tongsui.

My new DSSD needed some attention and modding. It arrived with a faulty clasp and was also in need of a thorough movement health check and some adjustments.

All work was done with a photo journal to show progress. He also cleaned up the crown and tube action, which was rough as guts and is now silky smooth.

Great experience and result, and very happy to have two absolute gentlemen providing such excellent service here in AUS.

zogsHj.jpg

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
Its more and more accolades on this Aus thread I see and I will join in again

Just received 3 back from M this morn - begs the question, what can't you do mate!?

Opened up the 6 and 9 and eliminated legacy stubbies on my vintage Seamaster - tells that are no more.

Pulled together my Doxa franken - dial from France, case from HK, matched lume, buffed out Seestern Starfish on crown and bracelet

....and once again re-resurrected my ancient DSSD (realised I've had that rep so long it has real patina!)

Cannot recommend M more highly

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Does @marrickville do gold plating as well? I've got a Rolex 226659 Yachtmaster that I would like to get (white) gold plated and was wondering if he did that or if anyone can point me in the right direction? I'm based in Sydney.