• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

nesnah

Looking Around
15/4/22
Marrickville still helping out with servicing I assume? Sent him a PM awhile ago and waiting for his reply

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
He's still around but a believe a very busy man. Life outside RWI.

This ^

I've had a number of people PM me asking for his details, which is fine, I don't have a problem with people PMing me at all. More than happy to help where I can.

However marrickville has requested to not pass his details on so I won't. He is super busy with life, work etc.

I appreciate that doesn't help us Aussie's and our reps, but it is what it is.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
NoahNHP If you are patient the gent mentioned above yours post may be able to help. It’s only a few dollars to post to him and back.

I’m not aware of any rep friendly services in Adelaide sorry mate.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Hi All
Not wanting to start a new thread on this again so just asking if there is any update for a reputable and knowledgeable replica watch service available in Melbourne Australia- anywhere in Melbourne - im prepared to travel around. Looking to get an A7750 serviced for longevity. Thanks in advance....

Jdora

Looking Around
27/5/22
Anyone found someone in Brisbane?
I got given a Daytona 18k Rolex (rep) from a friend who brought it back from Thailand.
no idea to find out more info about it post about model number or movements… so any advice for a noob would be greatly appreciated! Happy to take pics etc.
it’s an automatic/ winding watch, but no matter how much it’s wound up, it only runs for a few mins and sometimes winding doesn’t start at all with winding, only a good shake (still then only runs for a few mins)

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
Hi All
Not wanting to start a new thread on this again so just asking if there is any update for a reputable and knowledgeable replica watch service available in Melbourne Australia- anywhere in Melbourne - im prepared to travel around. Looking to get an A7750 serviced for longevity. Thanks in advance....

Nope unfortunately

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
Anyone found someone in Brisbane?
I got given a Daytona 18k Rolex (rep) from a friend who brought it back from Thailand.
no idea to find out more info about it post about model number or movements… so any advice for a noob would be greatly appreciated! Happy to take pics etc.
it’s an automatic/ winding watch, but no matter how much it’s wound up, it only runs for a few mins and sometimes winding doesn’t start at all with winding, only a good shake (still then only runs for a few mins)

Nothing in Brisbane to my knowledge

With regard the model / movement:

Take some clear pics of the watch face, caseback and clasp code. And take the back off if you can to see the movement. Post em in the Rolex/Tudor section and one of the experts should chime in there.

Reactions: Jdora

Rossi70

Known Member
Supporter
14/3/19
I used BLK.W.EXPRESS (Blacktown in Sydney) couple of times now & he's brilliant. Busy just like everyone else so have patience but Ray is a top guy and does great stuff.
Worth posting to him via Express Post & he'll send it back to you the same way, just pack it well in bubble wrap and watch coffin if you have one

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
I used BLK.W.EXPRESS (Blacktown in Sydney) couple of times now & he's brilliant. Busy just like everyone else so have patience but Ray is a top guy and does great stuff.
Worth posting to him via Express Post & he'll send it back to you the same way, just pack it well in bubble wrap and watch coffin if you have one

That's good to hear, was that recently,? A few threads back there was some a post saying some stuff and also that he was getting out of the game?

Jdora

Looking Around
27/5/22
Nothing in Brisbane to my knowledge

With regard the model / movement:

Take some clear pics of the watch face, caseback and clasp code. And take the back off if you can to see the movement. Post em in the Rolex/Tudor section and one of the experts should chime in there.

Legend! Thanks Digger! Will take some photos tonight and hopefully locate the forum/ thread you’re referring too. Hopefully someone has an idea of what it is, as no tools to be able to take the back off (doesn’t appear to be any grooves to snap/ ply it off either) :(

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

Rossi70

Known Member
Supporter
14/3/19
That's good to hear, was that recently,? A few threads back there was some a post saying some stuff and also that he was getting out of the game?

just read a bit further back...seems he's not doing them now. I honestly can't remember how long ago it was, (can't be that long as my watch isn't that old) but time flies by!

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
Jdora - opening up my seestern and removing handset for luming was one of the jobs lined up for Marrickville but we have both been too hectic to co-ordinate anything

So today I did so myself - first time - and I'll share manodeoro kind instructions to help me:

1 - removing the caseback :
that's the only tricky part as it can require some brute force sometimes if it's been tightened a little too much ...
if it's really stuck you can use WD40 ... here's how I proceed if needed :
- remove the bracelet first
- put the watch "caseback down" in a plastic box
- pour some WD40 ... take care the WD40 do NOT goes more than 1/2mm higher than where the caseback touch the main case
- let soak for a night
- remove the watch keeping the caseback down
- wipe clean all the remaing WD40

Rubber squash ball did the trick as
DiggerOfWatches suggested but I had WD40 at hand if needed

Good luck with it!

Reactions: Jdora

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Jdora - opening up my seestern and removing handset for luming was one of the jobs lined up for Marrickville but we have both been too hectic to co-ordinate anything

So today I did so myself - first time - and I'll share manodeoro kind instructions to help me:

1 - removing the caseback :
that's the only tricky part as it can require some brute force sometimes if it's been tightened a little too much ...
if it's really stuck you can use WD40 ... here's how I proceed if needed :
- remove the bracelet first
- put the watch "caseback down" in a plastic box
- pour some WD40 ... take care the WD40 do NOT goes more than 1/2mm higher than where the caseback touch the main case
- let soak for a night
- remove the watch keeping the caseback down
- wipe clean all the remaing WD40

Rubber squash ball did the trick as
DiggerOfWatches suggested but I had WD40 at hand if needed

Good luck with it!
Happy yours was easy to open ... on mine caseback was almost stuck ❤️

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Got my two modded Subs back from marrickville yesterday - a Noob 1266610 with a serviced ETA2824 swapped in, and a Noob 114060 with a serviced ETA2836 swapped in (used to be an 1166610). It's my first no date Sub and I wasn't sure if I'd like it in the flesh, but I do. Symmetry and I get along well.

Thanks mate - always a gentleman and great to deal with.

z3EXHp.jpg

z3PNEI.jpg

NoahNHP

Known Member
22/7/21
Australia
Got my two modded Subs back from marrickville yesterday - a Noob 1266610 with a serviced ETA2824 swapped in, and a Noob 114060 with a serviced ETA2836 swapped in (used to be an 1166610). It's my first no date Sub and I wasn't sure if I'd like it in the flesh, but I do. Symmetry and I get along well.

Thanks mate - always a gentleman and great to deal with.

z3EXHp.jpg

z3PNEI.jpg

Hey mate may i ask how long does it take? I'm still waiting to ship my daytona to him for service and it's been a month already.