• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

BLK.W.EXPRESS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/18
Blacktown, Sydney
Hey Guys!!

2020 has been a year like no other. Even though it’s been tough for small business, I've been lucky to be able to spend more time with my family during this time. I also welcomed a son during lockdown and have been even more lucky I’ve been able to spend more time with him than normal. It’s made me reassess a couple of things as of late, which I why I will be stepping away from the mod scene on RWI for a while. As yet, I am not too sure for how long, but I want to be there for my family during the coming months - and I’ve been doing some pretty crazy hours keeping you all happy :)

I won’t be disappearing and will still be check out whats new on RWI every now and then.

Thank you to all the mods and great people I’ve people I’ve met and Big thankyou to the unamed member BenJi<3SuB for all the therapeutic assistance over the rough times.

It’s a nice community and I hope I will be back soon.

Cheers guys!
Ray

BLK.W.EXPRESS

16/8/18
Blacktown, Sydney
Gents,

Apologies for the long radio silence. I thought I at least owe you guys an explanation.

As with many of us, the watch collecting is a hobby. I have a full time job and it can get very time consuming.

I have tried to respond to many inquires here but as you can imagine, some just stop responding after a while and when work gets busy, I rarely roam the forums. As a result, I now really only work with existing established members / customers. If you are serious about what what you need done, PM me with details around the work and your intention and I will see if I can assist.

I know this message is a little rough but i'm afraid I just don't have enough time so I hope the other watchmakers can assist with your inquiries.

i feel you <3

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
Thanks for posting Ray, totally understand. Congrats on the new addition! At the end of the day family comes first.

We hope to see you back here whenever that may be.

ChronoNoob

26/6/20
Subscribed, would also like to know who else is available besides Ray and Marrickville. I've a new 4130 I'm keen to service.

ArcticFox2

Looking Around
29/12/16
Marrickville took great care of my rep just last week. I can 100% recommend him to anyone in Sydney (and generally Australia, I believe he accepts watches by mail as well). He did the repair for half of the price someone else had quoted me, and was extremely quick to return it. Great guy and easy to work with

ChronoNoob

26/6/20
Marrickville took great care of my rep just last week. I can 100% recommend him to anyone in Sydney (and generally Australia, I believe he accepts watches by mail as well). He did the repair for half of the price someone else had quoted me, and was extremely quick to return it. Great guy and easy to work with

I thought Marrickville isn't accepting any new customers at the moment.

xray7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
Old Dart
Boys, as a former resident of the land downunder, provided you keep your rep transit movements at one at a time lest ABF or whatever they're called this year send you a rude letter, you'll catch no flak from them.

Is it worth looking further afield for your rep servicers?

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
After consulting marrickville via PM here to see if he was willing to take the work, and also discuss general pricing, we then went to text and then I just posted him my watch, he worked on it and then posted it back. I can't see any harm in flicking him a PM at least to see if he is willing to carry out the work. You can send it tracked to him for around 9 bucks from most, if not anywhere, in Australia.

If you are willing to post your watch (which is a lot less risky then having one shipped from China) I think it really is worth it. And he does great work. As I said, it can't hurt to contact him through here first. But he is a busy fella and has a life, so be patient. That being said, mine was a quick turn around.

Reactions: man5on90

flocondeneige

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
30/7/18
Great thanks tomarrickville for doing awesome job on my watch.
I had an issue with ZF BB58 which was bought recently. Rather than sending it back to China, I decided to get it serviced locally.
I'm very glad that i found marrickville.

The whole process went very smoothly (discussion about the issue and the pricing). The watch was sent to him via post.
It was a quick turn around and I'm happy with the result. I would definitely use his service again in the future.

Reactions: JoePineapples

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Has anyone dropped by Blacktown to Ray at BLK.W.EXPRESS?

I know the shop is still there at Westfields so was hoping someone has heard from Ray recently or if he has done work? I need some movements services and a gen crystal installed into a Rolex.

marrickville

28/5/10
Australia
Has anyone dropped by Blacktown to Ray at BLK.W.EXPRESS?

I know the shop is still there at Westfields so was hoping someone has heard from Ray recently or if he has done work? I need some movements services and a gen crystal installed into a Rolex.

I have no intention of creating a fuss here but I recently had a customer who brought several watches that he had serviced at BLK previously. There was scratch marks, stripped screws, dust on the dial, etc across a number of his watches. He didn't want to make it a big deal but what is going on here? Are there other customers who are also unhappy with his work? Oddly enough, I have only read good things about him from others so this is surprising (frankly, I recommended others to use him when I was in back order). I'm happy to be be proven wrong of course. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Reactions: enduser

romito_21

5/5/19
Hey guys! need a watchmaker to service some watches in melbourne aswell as do some waterproofing! happy to also ship off to other states in australia too.

contact me if y’all have an answer!

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Hey guys! need a watchmaker to service some watches in melbourne aswell as do some waterproofing! happy to also ship off to other states in australia too.

contact me if y’all have an answer!

I'm in the same boat as you.

From what I can gather, marrickville is the man. I'm not in Sydney, so will ship to him there.

Someone needs to stand up a mobile watchmaker/service business -- a bit like the old mobile knife sharpeners. :)

Reactions: romito_21

thestefster

Patron
9/6/11
Same here... if anyone has someone reliable I'd be very interested and even pay a premium!

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
Just got my watch back from marrickville , the communication was easy and smooth. I am in Melbourne so I posted the watch to Sydney. It got check over and only minor cleaning was required. It then posted back to me in the next few days. Overall happy with the service and will come back when another service is required.