Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I too have recently posted looking for a watch smith to do some work on my ARF SD43 v2. No one on this forum has responded, however other forums have been quite helpful. Below are a couple for recommendations in Sydney;

    George Yoon in 250 Pitt Street

    David Keins jewellers in Hornsby

    Mr Watchmaker Van Le in Kogarah

    Crazy Kim in Blacktown

    Comment


      Another is http://www.watchrepairsparramatta.com/

      Comment


        This forum is really good. I went and browsed through all the repairers and came across Marrickville.. What a gentleman. Dropped my watch off earlier in the week and within 24hrs I get mms updates with the repair progress. Hoping to pick it up next week Very happy with everything so far. Highly recommend him for people based in Australia

        Comment


          Originally posted by nikoel View Post
          Im in Brissy boys. I send mine to Marickville in Sydney. Experience has been fair...

          The good: Excellent for service any ETA based movements - price in that regard is good too.

          The mixed: I will send my watches overseas to get modded from now on however. To his credit he always owned up to any problems - however I had to consistently send my watched back to him. My Hulk had to be re-done three times

          Keep that in mind if you are thinking of doing complex work on your watches


          Sent from my iPhone using RWI
          Thanks Niko for the honest and fair feedback.

          I think one thing people (including myself) sometimes forget is that replica watches don't undergo the same QC that the genuine watches do (and even then, still not perfect). When we do modifications, what works for someone's watch may not work for another despite it coming from the same factory. As a result, watches that I work on now sit on the watchwinder for longer to ensure the watches function as they should and I never over commit on the work bench so that it doesn't cause any delays. In your case, I also offered to cover postage back and never charged you any "extras" but I appreciate you being patient and understanding with me.

          Again, thanks for the feedback - I thank all the other members for their kind words here.

          Comment


            Originally posted by marrickville View Post

            Thanks Niko for the honest and fair feedback.

            I think one thing people (including myself) sometimes forget is that replica watches don't undergo the same QC that the genuine watches do (and even then, still not perfect). When we do modifications, what works for someone's watch may not work for another despite it coming from the same factory. As a result, watches that I work on now sit on the watchwinder for longer to ensure the watches function as they should and I never over commit on the work bench so that it doesn't cause any delays. In your case, I also offered to cover postage back and never charged you any "extras" but I appreciate you being patient and understanding with me.

            Again, thanks for the feedback - I thank all the other members for their kind words here.
            Sent you a PM mate! marrickville
            Last edited by wykin01; 07-05-18, 23:52.

            Comment


              Just an update for the Melbourne guys, http://awatchintime.com.au/

              Spoke to a bloke named Kevin and he says he has serviced replica swiss movements but will only touch high-end reps, you'll have to bring the watch in for him to have a look before he proceeds though

              Comment


                I am another happy customer of marrickville. I dropped my Super-Franken Rolex off last week to him for service and the watch was ready for the pick up next day. Great guy to deal with.

                Comment


                  Does anyone know if these guys would change a Date wheel on an AP rep or is that very specialised ?

                  marrickville is that something you'd be able to do?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by trtr View Post
                    Does anyone know if these guys would change a Date wheel on an AP rep or is that very specialised ?

                    marrickville is that something you'd be able to do?
                    marrickville will be able to sort you out. He just changed my AP datewheel a week back and he did great job with it. He's very prompt with responding and shows proof of work during the process. Hope that helps!

                    Comment


                      Does anyone know of any other watch makers in Sydney that can change a datewheel on a 7750 AP rep.

                      I've tried PM'ing and messaging marrickville but no luck.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by trtr View Post
                        Does anyone know of any other watch makers in Sydney that can change a datewheel on a 7750 AP rep.

                        I've tried PM'ing and messaging marrickville but no luck.
                        just replied.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by marrickville View Post

                          just replied.
                          HI marrickville just sent you another PM as I need your details

                          Thanks for the reply.

                          Comment


                            marrickville can you please reply my messages too? I'm getting very desperate as I just can't find someone here in AU

                            Comment


                              marrickville Hi mate had sent you a pm a week or two ago about a ZF Big Pilot with some issues, if you would be able to take a look would be much appreciated.
                              Cheers
                              James




                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                                Shout out to marrickville for swapping out date wheels on 2 of my GMT frankens (one with Gen Rolex movement).

                                Quick and timely communication / work and great results. Have used his services in past for other work also and it's been all good.

                                Good to have someone with skills closer to home than having to send to other side of the world!



                                Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

                                APP ROO: Blue Batons, White Themes, GPFC, GPRG, RB2 Plat, RB2 Ti, White & Blue Montoya, Trulli, Buemi, Schumi, LBJ, RG PO Mexico, Don Ramon, White & Brown Safari, Auto Tour 2010 & 2012, Ceramic, Ginza, Panda, Navy, Survivor, Volcano, RGRC PAM: 569, 508, 364, 382 Bronzo, Egiziano, 425, 187, IWC: ZF Chrono, Big Pilot PP, Portugieser, Rolex: Daytona Blue Arab, Plat, 2016 Ceramic + most Subs and GMTs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X