• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

Dreams watch

8/6/13
BLK.W.EXPRESS is the man to go to if any of you want a 3135 service. We can now buy 3135 movmts in confidence as we have a competent watchmaker in Sydney who can perform the service in house.

Thanks!

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I took 2 watches into BLK.W.EXPRESS today. A franken Submariner that had a movement issue, it was running 10 min out a day. And a v7 AP diver that I wanted to swap the stock date wheel to a Mikey date wheel.

I was expecting Ray to say something like he will take a look and I’ll have to come back next week. But no he said come back in 1 hour, an hour later I came back to my watches finished. Couldn’t be happier

The sub is now running around 5 sec a day. The diver has perfectly centred dates.

Such a relief to have a Sydney based watchsmith at my disposal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nivka and MrBeasy

marrickville

28/5/10
Australia
Hi all, apologies for my absence. Change of job recently has put me out of action for the last few months (have been traveling extensively). I intentionally didn't accept any jobs and cleared out existing orders in good time until now.

Don and others, can you please PM me again if you need work done? Back on the work bench. Apologies again. I'm sure Blacktown Express has been doing good work in the meantime.

Woodie

Horology Curious
7/11/17
Hi folks,

Just went to see George Yoon level 5, 250 Pitt St in the Sydney and I couldn’t locate him - anyone know if he has moved or know of a good alternative?

I’ve just taken receipt of a Rolex DSSD rep and looking to get the movement cleaned, oiled and calibrated - any suggestions welcome

Cheers
Woodie

Sent from the RWI App

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
have PM'ed you back.
Hi Rob ... glad to see you're OK ;)
No news from you about the vintage Heuer so how did it go ?
At the moment I'm working on a hommage using the same design (a little modified as no "HEUER" ) on a clear decal and an orange spray-painted dial plate ... work in progress but it should be nice.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Transient

Looking Around
14/10/18
Hi guys,
I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Marrickville, I recently bumped my Sub so hard the date wheel came loose. He was quick to respond to my message, he was polite, trustworthy, and quick with the repair.
I couldn't be happier, thanks again Marrickville....

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi guys,
I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Marrickville, I recently bumped my Sub so hard the date wheel came loose. He was quick to respond to my message, he was polite, trustworthy, and quick with the repair.
I couldn't be happier, thanks again Marrickville....

Marrickville is a really nice guy and a real gentleman !!!

BTW Transient ... may I say that, though the Sub has been long known as "a tool watch" and possibly "THE too watch", and though a good friend of mine who is a carpenter always wears his own at work, it doesn't mean that you should use it as a hammer :p
Happy to know that Marrickville got it working ... wear it in good health and avoid bumping it on the walls

Reactions: Transient

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Huge shout out for Ray at Blacktown Watch Express.

Sent my XF diver for repair from NZ. Great communication and a speedy full service. Running like a gen now!

Thanks Ray for all your help!

6e83e22c8f9c54749a0f9a53fdaa126c.jpg

394fc480e0141200497bb6a34bab745e.jpg

Woodie

Horology Curious
7/11/17
Another satisfied customer - excellent service from Ray out at Blacktown Watch Express to do a clean, oil and service to my new DSSD Blue as recommended by others in the forum as a good thing to do. Just as well I did as the pallet in the 3135 movement was trash (Ray advised he’s had to replace 2 out of the last 5 during service).

Ray’s communication was fantastic - he outlined the problem clearly and sent through a number of close up photos so I could see the problem for myself and also what a new pallet should look like by comparison - $80 for new part and a week to arrive and all installed and working well.

I shipped it out next day express and was returned in the same fashion which saved me a trip out to their store.

Highly recommend both Ray out at BWE and getting a new rep serviced once you receive it as you never know what level of quality you get in the moment from the factory - addressing it early can save you potential damage and larger cost in the long run!

Cheers
Woodie

Sent from the RWI App

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
+1 for Ray @ Blacktown. He helped me with 2 reps (older repped PAM & Omeg PO)and one gen (ancient Seiko diver). He was able to source parts for crazy movements and got all three running extremely well. Thanks BLK.W.EXPRESS !!

Reactions: BLK.W.EXPRESS

dcjlrow

Looking Around
26/6/14
Hi Everyone,

Are there any other ways of contacting Marrickville.?

I've sent him a PM but not had a reply back as yet

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi Everyone,

Are there any other ways of contacting Marrickville.?

I've sent him a PM but not had a reply back as yet

I've just sent him a message on WhatsApp about your PM ... I think he'll answer soon

Rowrow

Looking Around
13/12/18
Hey all, new member here. I have a couple of reps that need some TLC, is there a good way to contact Ray from Blacktown Watch Express? He seems to be the right one to go to at the moment. I can't find an email address on their website. I just sent him a PM on here, would that be the best way?

Thanks.

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
Hey all, new member here. I have a couple of reps that need some TLC, is there a good way to contact Ray from Blacktown Watch Express? He seems to be the right one to go to at the moment. I can't find an email address on their website. I just sent him a PM on here, would that be the best way?

Thanks.
PM is how I contacted and dealt with him. Very happy with the svc.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

BLK.W.EXPRESS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/18
Blacktown, Sydney

Thanks.
Hi!
I replied to your PM=)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

samkad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/16
Hi all , I also have a couple of reps that need some TLC including 3135 movement. can someone please PM me Ray from Blacktown Watch Express details.
much appreciated