• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Franken 1500 adventure

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Very very very stupid thing of me ...... If it doesnt work on the 2824 lets try it one the 2836!!!! STUPID me...

i managed to get it off, sand it and get it back on.. but it clicks a couple of times, and aafter that it stays stuck in the same position :( really needed this 2836 for my mod.

Anyone a clue?

Voo-doo

22/7/19
So i thought i share more of my recent fuckup:
  • I thought I sand the datewheel for more clearance for the overlay... Couldn't get it back on ???????? when it was back on it didn't wanted to click properly. Ruined... I remeber that i did this a year ago and it was an easy job, but now i just cant get it done?
  • couldn't get the hour hand (raffles long post) to catch. It fell right off. Is this a common problem with the hands or maybe with the Asian 2824, this is the second time I encountered this. Curious if you guys share this experience with the A28xx or that im doing something wrong
  • plexi wouldn't fit. Because I already pushed it and was afraid that it would break, I sanded it from the inside ???? well yiu can see the results haha

think all is left to do is re-order the parts and start over...

Voo-doo

22/7/19
If those are sanding marks on the inside of the plexi (rather than cracks) you can polish those out with polywatch. ;)

Yes! Are sanding marks. I thought that the 1500/2000 grit wasnt that aggressive haha i was wrong. will polish them eventually, or sand it down entirely and polish with metal polish. but its not of primary concern, first the watch should work haha then we do the cosmetics

Voo-doo

22/7/19

He guys what's up.

Came one step closer. But at the same time further away -_-

I finally got the dw to sit flush but it was stuck between something. When I forced it the 'thing' came off and I'm not able to put it back.
does anyone know how I can get it back in and what the name of the part is ?

Thanks I. Advance
​​​​​

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Tha is the date indicator driving wheel. It's a bit tricky to install. You need to pull the yoke back against the spring and drop the wheel in its spot then release the yoke so it holds tension on the driving wheel.

Reactions: Voo-doo and deadpan

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
also, I can't tell which date wheel you are using...the 2824 and 2836 are not totally swappable. If I remember right, the 2824 can take a 2836 date wheel, but the 2836 cannot take a 2824 date wheel.

Reactions: Voo-doo

Voo-doo

22/7/19
also, I can't tell which date wheel you are using...the 2824 and 2836 are not totally swappable. If I remember right, the 2824 can take a 2836 date wheel, but the 2836 cannot take a 2824 date wheel.

Ah right!! I figured i couldnt just leave it out haha.

I use the datewheel which came with the movement. So the 2836-2 movement with the 2836-2 datewheel (The first picture of the DW sanding is indeed a 2824 dw!)
So does that mean i have to pull 1 back and try to seat the driving wheel in? I tried it a couple times and i need to say that it's quite difficult haha, more difficult then it seems.
Also, is this the part which can break if you try to set the date between 21.00 and 03.00? Do I have to mind something else in order not to break it?

Thanks !!

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Ah right!! I figured i couldnt just leave it out haha.

I use the datewheel which came with the movement. So the 2836-2 movement with the 2836-2 datewheel (The first picture of the DW sanding is indeed a 2824 dw!)
So does that mean i have to pull 1 back and try to seat the driving wheel in? I tried it a couple times and i need to say that it's quite difficult haha, more difficult then it seems.
Also, is this the part which can break if you try to set the date between 21.00 and 03.00? Do I have to mind something else in order not to break it?

Thanks !!

What you said is correct, but you’ll need to remove the arm circled in red in order to be able to fit the driving wheel in place. Then, install it back to stop it in place.

27bf7aa0d5ce3514b6980e8b5f124fab.jpg

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Hi guys, as i have already 10 not working watches which don;t work, i figured, why not one more?!

Todays subject is a GMF 41 2836. I bought it m2m and the movement died right on my first wear. Not a real problem as i was told that the movement wasnt that good.

Now that i opened it, I ran into a couple problems which i didn;t really expect and i hope you guys can guide me in the good direction:

- The GMF uses 41mm high post hands. As i damaged the hour hand, i need to find new hands but can't find a supplier who sells high post 41mm hands? Does anyone has a clue or will the h4 kit be my only option? Im trying to avoid that because im not that good with movements.
- second, i thought that with a rep dial the alligment would be super easy. But that doesnt seem to be the case. The ring locks with the tabs but the dial and movement seem to move freely? should i glue everything together or am i missing parts
I was even able to fix the keyless myself on this one. But once in the case ... the stem wouldnt catch and fell out again .... tried it without case and worked like 2,3 times. But i dont know. Maybe it wasnt set right

p.s. this is the first time i opend a rep, previous builds were with parts

Happy eastern!

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
ZvnTBp.jpg
ZvnXR5.jpg

Did some reshaping on this case. How does it looks?
lawlessflyer how did I do xD

Wow! Well there's only one picture from the top.. looks like the lugs are looking at each other lol

I'd use a flat surface to prevent (rounding) at the ends of the lugs

Voo-doo

22/7/19
looks like the lugs are looking at each other lol

haha not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing :giggle:

I'd use a flat surface to prevent (rounding) at the ends of the lugs
Yeah, i thing iI was doing really good, untill i rounded one .. Then i needed to go hard on all of them :rolleyes: but well, i have a chewn on dj case now :thumbsup:

Better luck next time hahaha

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
haha not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing :giggle:

Yeah, i thing iI was doing really good, untill i rounded one .. Then i needed to go hard on all of them :rolleyes: but well, i have a chewn on dj case now :thumbsup:

Better luck next time hahaha

I guess lol whats that yellow stuff it's floating in

Voo-doo

22/7/19
I guess lol whats that yellow stuff it's floating in

Haha. It's degreaser. I read somewhere what you need to pour it into degreaser after the polishing wheel, so I just throw it in and leave it for 5 minutes and use a toothbrush afterwards

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Haha. It's degreaser. I read somewhere what you need to pour it into degreaser after the polishing wheel, so I just throw it in and leave it for 5 minutes and use a toothbrush afterwards

Oh ok

Voo-doo

22/7/19

One of my recent build. Haven't documented it really well but here are some specd and pics of it

VR 3135
Raffles 2824 case
Gen dial
Gen handset.
Raffles jubilee.

If you are after this build, don't forget to change the cyclops to the 2836 type. This will make the allignment better; probably perfect

Cheerios

Reactions: jajajaja

Voo-doo

22/7/19
you did not use a movement ring ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Nope! I was also a little surprised xD

I didnt had a clue what to use as a movement ring. When i was at that point i was trying screws for the movement, because i didnt had any clue which screws to use. I tried soms 2824 screws and they seem to fit. When i put them on the movement they seemed to grip tight … so i left it like tht xD