• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Franken 1500 adventure

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Hey man! The idea is to enjoy our wonderful hobby and you did just that! Nice shot for your first!

The reason behind them scrapes is that they needed to be brought down smoothing is grit paper by grit paper having smoother grip paper every step of the way until it looks like a polished surface, then the polish wheel is applied.

Ps: also note, that file is crazy teeth! Didn't need to go that heavy file. They have small (hobby files) available

Ah right!!

I used the grit paper which you described in your topic so I hoped that I did it right, maybe had to do it nicer Haha. I might will do it over with a little more Patience.

Yeah I didn't had a clue which file ineeded xD I already had these. Going to look for a hobby file

Is it possible that the file caused the stripes because of the teeth bring crazy xD?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16

oke ... So in really close throwing the whole damnd thing out of the window????

This is today's progress. I received the last parts. I was still waiting for the crown and the new movement ring. So the movement ring did the job. It squeezed the movement onto the case and it holds it well. The only thing I still need to adjust. Is the dial. It's not 100% straight. This is a hard thing to do because I used dial dots and the dial moves over de movement

The crown on the other hand is a different story. I bought another crown. This time a generic Rolex crown. The problem which I'm facing is that it doesn't screw in untill the end. You can see it in the pictures but after this point it stops. I'm not sure what to do here because I don't want to force it.

Do you guys think this is because of the crown being a generic crown and will a genuine crown solve this problem?

Just don't start a date build????

trailboss99 is it possible to unblock my account? I received something like a partial ban last year. Have been here for a year since and behaved well ;) I miss the full forum experience because a lot of pages ( even my own profile and the search section ) show that I'm not authorized to view it. Thanks in advance!

Hey that's looking mighty nice I remember long ago I attempted this build but signed out of it and sold the case set because I didn't know what I was doing lol

Reactions: Voo-doo

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Hey that's looking mighty nice I remember long ago I attempted this build but signed out of it and sold the case set because I didn't know what I was doing lol
Hahaha yeah I really like the 1500 34mm. It fits my wrist well! I built this one for the girlfriend!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk

Voo-doo

22/7/19
I see your going on a oyster date kick!

Tag me in that thread;)

Haha yup! I learned that I like the smooth bezel just as much as the fluted haha.
ZPTtAJ.jpg

Received the dial yesterday !!!

Will keep you posted!!

Last edited:

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Haha yup! I learned that I like the smooth bezel just as much as the fluted haha.
ZPTtAJ.jpg

Received the dial yesterday !!!

Will keep you posted!!

Oh wow nice! I keep an eye out for a blue dial but never came across one in good condition.. I'd like to build a more "sporty dj"

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Oh wow nice! I keep an eye out for a blue dial but never came across one in good condition.. I'd like to build a more "sporty dj"

Yeah blue dials in good condition are rare and almost unaffordable. I found one here a couple years ago and slammed it on my gen 16013. Have a 16233 blue dial incoming with a bit of damage. I hope the damage is small, i will keep it in the original condition then, and if not i will try to get it restored a bit.

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Yes these should work! Just be careful ;)

Haha will give it a try!
​​​​​​Was just working with hyptocement for the first time. Mannnnn I wasting a lot of dwos with fast drying glue xD
Can't argue with this allignment ?! Not perfect but definitely the best I ever did ????????????

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Haha will give it a try!
​​​​​​Was just working with hyptocement for the first time. Mannnnn I wasting a lot of dwos with fast drying glue xD
Can't argue with this allignment ?! Not perfect but definitely the best I ever did ????????????

Thumbs up!

I use dial dots for mounting I find it works best as it serves 2 purposes, 1) keeps the dwo above the gears 2) less mess.

**note** this is using 2824 movement (which I highly recommend)

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Thumbs up!

I use dial dots for mounting I find it works best as it serves 2 purposes, 1) keeps the dwo above the gears 2) less mess.

**note** this is using 2824 movement (which I highly recommend)

This seems really simple but do you get enough clearance for the datewheel to flick. In my next post you are going to read why that is my concern even without dial dots xD

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Hi guys.

So I was putting this 16200 together and as the dwo allignment went kind of smooth ... I should have already know that a lot of other shit was coming for me xD

Problem 1 . After a smooth handset job I was ready to case the movement and dial but everything went south from there... When I try to screw the movement clamps I notice that the movement stops ... Not sure if the hands touch the glass but it won't run.. I used the raffles 2836 case with the long post hands and an seagull 2836 with a gen dial

Problem 2
I used the dial spacer to free up the dwo and give it enough clearance. Without the case it seems that it flicks just fine. But inside the case is has a hard time clicking. The date almost changes like a 7s26.. take up 4 hours, that can't be correct ... I thought the dial spacer was going to provide me the clearance

Problem 3
Not of major concern right now. But the vintage explorer 20mm watch bracelet doesn't seem to fit the 2836 vintage DJ case ... But they told me that it would fit... Did I do anything wrong or am I just missing things.

Your help is appreciated!!!

Voo-doo

22/7/19

Looks like the tight case clamps are causing the problem.. I unscrewed the clamps a bit and it began to run like a champ, even the DW has enough room to flick.
BUT with loose screws the rotor doesnt seem to have enough clearance because it touches the screws of the movement clamp ...

Does anyone has an idea about how to solve this?
thanks in advance.

Voo-doo

22/7/19

had a second go with the Corgeut 904l case today.
I think it's safe to say that the second try turned out better!!!!

Still was not able to get out all the damage of the first try but it seems reasonable !!!

What do you think lawlessflyer xD?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16

had a second go with the Corgeut 904l case today.
I think it's safe to say that the second try turned out better!!!!

Still was not able to get out all the damage of the first try but it seems reasonable !!!

What do you think lawlessflyer xD?

I think your almost there!!

Much much better then first run, if you want to you can see about another go to get them (deeper) scratches out starting with 120 grit paper then moving up 220, 400, 600, 1000 1500 then buff should be great results!

Stay on 120 for a while to get them deep scratches out first.

I use this method see pics

I use bouble sided tape onto cloths pins flat side then then taping sanding paper on it you can have one of every grit.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Voo-doo and deadpan

Voo-doo

22/7/19
I think your almost there!!

Much much better then first run, if you want to you can see about another go to get them (deeper) scratches out starting with 120 grit paper then moving up 220, 400, 600, 1000 1500 then buff should be great results!

Stay on 120 for a while to get them deep scratches out first.

I use this method see pics

I use bouble sided tape onto cloths pins flat side then then taping sanding paper on it you can have one of every grit.

Hope this helps!

Haha, thats a really handy way! I sanded mostly by hand and also put the sand paper and hold the watch against it.
Maybe i'll give it another spin. Also ordered a DG2813 to replace the mitoyta 8215, but it doesnt seem to allign well. Doesnt fit right. Thought it was a drop in replacement. So might give it another go!

Voo-doo

22/7/19
He guys, how yourall doing?

i though i give the DW sanding method a try. I looked easy but i cant seem to get de DW back on the movement? From what i see on the internet you just allign it at the stem side, push in the spring and you can click it right in ... But till now, now succes?

Am i doing something wrong?

KJ2020 saw your method, any tips?