• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What to do with a watch that has lost its crown?

ploni1

Known Member
11/10/19
Hello friends. I have a watch I bought from Amazon. Not something expensive but it's a shame to throw it away. The crown fell to him and I don't know where he is. Is there a way to buy one separately?

From what I understood from the manufacturer that they have to pay $ 20 for shipping, and I also need to send the shipment to them, in addition maybe the repair will cost money so I do not know if it is worth repairing. You as watch enthusiasts can give advice on using the watch in any other way?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H3CK87T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Stuhrling Original Watches for Men - Pro Diver Watch - Sports Watch for Men with Screw Down Crown for 330 Ft. of Water Resistance - Analog Dial, Quartz Movement - Mens Watches Collection

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
If it was mine, I’d throw the watch in the spares box, and look into replacing it with a new watch. I don’t think the watch’s original cost really merits investing more money in getting it repaired.

Reactions: Rx4Time

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
If it's something you want to repair on your own then measure the crown tube and diameter then go to esslinger.com and find a generic replacement for about $5usd.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ploni1

Known Member
11/10/19
thanks for the answers.

I will mention that I did not want to throw it away because it is actually new. Purchased a few months ago and barely used.

About the site of the parts. Thank you so much.

Is there a way to know what type of mechanism is for the fit or is it generic?

Only problem is I have no way to measure length because it doesn't exist. What I can measure is just the diameter of the outer thread.

Last edited:

Bill_C

21/10/19
If it was a screw down crown then you measure the the threaded tube on the case. This way you can buy the right size crown.

I own a Stuhrling (quartz) that I can check after work. It's a GMT, so it will be different but it might help to identify the general type of crown they use. I'll check and get back to you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bill_C

21/10/19
Reactions: ploni1

ploni1

Known Member
11/10/19
thank you very much my dear friend. I will check it out and come back here with conclusions. I'm also waiting for an answer from the manufacturer for now.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
You rename it Prince Henry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
17-Laughing-Really-Hard-Gif.gif

Reactions: macarone

ploni1

Known Member
11/10/19
The problem was resolved. I return the watch to Amazon and receive a partial refund. Not worth it. Thank you friends.

Reactions: Rx4Time

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Parnis offers a good selection of homage watches, as does seagull.