• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gmt movement

Cg13

Horology Curious
8/2/20
I’ve have gmt I purchased pretty cheap, I’m wanting to do my 1st build a 126710blnr Batman gmt, I believe the movement is a dg3804 in the watch I have. I’m wanting to get a custom dial made and use some gen parts on it like bezel, hands, whatever else I can afford. from my understanding with that movement that’s not really possible. So my question comes down to the case what other movements can I use in the case?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Throw everything in the rubbish bin, if you wanna get a decent batman be ready to hard-mod: contact a TD, buy either a Black ARF GMT and mod it with gen dial - insert - date disk - crystal (if you wanna go overboard), or get a Batman VRF, and mod it with gen bezel - insert and crystal (if you wanna go overboard)

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
VRF Batman insert is garbage.

Best combo

ARF caseset and bracelet
VRF movement - VR3185 with gen jump click module
GMF insert, dial and hands

ARF hands are better, use them if lume match to GMF dial is OK. Or relume everything to match, GMF dial lume is not a strong point but the markers are rounded. GMF insert is best yet.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...clone-movement

Mix and match best you can anything other than the above will be a downgrade. Add gen crystal and DW if desired for additional improvement. Gen Batman insert is unobtainable, and would be at least $3K. Absolute folly IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldNavitimer

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I thought the ARF wouldn't accept a genuine crystal gasket? Mine I used a noob as the base. It'll accept all genuine components including the movement using a movement ring.

IMG_20180408_100336f9ecf3e4fd864785.jpg

IMG_20200318_08082795114c3047caef3a.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The ARF bezel assembly and crystal retaining ring are gen spec. It's the VRF crystal retaining ring that won't accept a gen bezel assembly.

I have read about some issues with gen crystal gaskets on ARF crystal retaining rings. The ARF gasket should work with gen crystal though.

I can see using a Noob if you already have one but if buying new I would buy a case made for the movement I'm using. That way you're guaranteed of no vertical stem pressure.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The ARF bezel assembly and crystal retaining ring are gen spec. It's the VRF crystal retaining ring that won't accept a gen bezel assembly.

I have read about some issues with gen crystal gaskets on ARF crystal retaining rings. The ARF gasket should work with gen crystal though.

I can see using a Noob if you already have one but if buying new I would buy a case made for the movement I'm using. That you're guaranteed of no vertical stem pressure.

I built mine well before ARF released a GMT.

Reactions: KJ2020

Cg13

Horology Curious
8/2/20
Okay I get it, I don’t want to do a build off what I have. But I don’t want to trash it, Should I just throw other dg3804 in it?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Okay I get it, I don’t want to do a build off what I have. But I don’t want to trash it, Should I just throw other dg3804 in it?

What case do you have? If you're talking about a custom dial and gen parts I wouldn't worry about trying to use some old case you have.

If you just want to use the old case for a beater, you could put a DG3804 in it, or just use DG2813 with the extra gear for a (non-independent) GMT hand.

GMT Movements Explained

Last edited:
Reactions: simone.f

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18

I can see using a Noob if you already have one but if buying new I would buy a case made for the movement I'm using. That way you're guaranteed of no vertical stem pressure.
You're absolutely correct sir, it perfectly takes GEN crystal and gasket.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
ARF has the best inserts in the rep game no need to buy a GEN insert, unless the base is VRF.

Whoever says replace the ARF insert with GEN doesn't know anything about this hobby

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Last edited: