• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

27.3mm ETA DIAL ?

MaxDu

Known Member
15/1/20
Hey there ! I've seen on yuki's site that he have some ETA dials (im looking for a 1675 one), with a 27mm diameter. I was wondering If a 27.3mm dial, with feet for ETA movement does exists ? I only find 28mm ones....

Thanks !

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I don't think it's easy to source a 27.3mm dial unless it's a refinished gen and the last one of those I was offered was 6k euros..! But it's pretty easy to shave a dial down from 28 mm to 27.3. If I can do it, anyone can... :)

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
https://www.mochacha.org/shop-1/rolex-1675-gmt-master-matte-black-refinished-dial

The feet are gen spec so you’ll have to clip the dial feet and attach new ones or drill holes on the main plate of the movement or dial dots. Dial dots should work fine as long as you make them tall enough to clear the GMT hand.

It sounds like it would be terrible to clip dial feet but it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I used dial dots to attach my dial.

Plus, I had to shave my dial bc I was building a 1680 in a cartel case so .5mm of the dial had to go. Now THAT is not fun. Mentally and physically. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
First time I've seen that store - there's another one for the bookmarks... Thanks bc!

No problem.
That’s where I got my 1680 and 16800 dials from. Great guy with great customer service. He does seem to do better with some dials way more than others but there are some good looking dials there for the price.

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
https://www.mochacha.org/shop-1/role...efinished-dial

The feet are gen spec so you’ll have to clip the dial feet and attach new ones or drill holes on the main plate of the movement or dial dots. Dial dots should work fine as long as you make them tall enough to clear the GMT hand.

It sounds like it would be terrible to clip dial feet but it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I used dial dots to attach my dial.

Plus, I had to shave my dial bc I was building a 1680 in a cartel case so .5mm of the dial had to go. Now THAT is not fun. Mentally and physically. Lol.

This is what this dial actually looks like in the wild :) On a DG with dial feet re-glued.

I bought a few dials and hands from Ritches and he's an amazing man to deal with.

YGwn2.jpg

Last edited: