• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Change Battery in Panerai Radiomir Auto

ekiwi

Horology Curious
18/12/19
Hey All,

Apologies for what has to be the noobiest question... my beautiful repo Pam's battery has died after a good 4 years and now am struggling to find any info online about how best to change it.
Tried a couple jewellers none of whom had the requisite tools to open the case - so resigned to changing myself. However can't find any guides or any posts about changing a Panerai battery.

Seems like it should be simple enough? Opened the back cover no problem, only to be confronted with a couple potential traps...

1. There is a metal strip across the battery that seems to be there to keep it in place, with no obvious way to lift or open it without snapping the thin metal strip.
2. A sticker atop the battery has the message "after battery installed be sure to short circuit the area (AC) and the battery connector (+).

To remove the battery do I really need to unscrew the entire silver internal cover plate? Five screws and covers other vital parts?
Once we replace the battery I'm a bit wary of shorting any points or the wrong points :/

Any one with experience doing this I'd be super grateful for any tips or advice :)
Many thanks!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You should be able to take a small screwdriver and lift the tab on the lower side of the battery. Then you should be able to remove the battery. See my picture below.

Iqwdn.jpg

You will probably need to push downward away from the battery to release the strip then it should lift enough to remove the battery. There should be a t shaped tab leading down the side of the battery which is hooked and holding in place.

Last edited:

ekiwi

Horology Curious
18/12/19
Fantastic Rx4Time, thank you! Battery finally out.
Do you think I strictly need to do the 'reset' mentioned on the sticker? A lotta lil holes and would hate to choose the wrong ones :D