• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster parts

watchlover128

Known Member
9/12/14
Hi guys,
In my endless pursuit for perfection I tried to grind down my
OM Speedmaster bezel ring. This was to get the bezel insert to sit flush for a gen like look. In the process of doing this I have gone to far. Part of the bezel cracked and now it’s too low at 6 oclock so the insert will not seat. I also managed to crack the insert. I have a new insert on the way but need help sourcing a bezel ring. Does anyone know if a 145.022 genuine bezel ring would fit. Or does anyone know anyone that has a bezel ring for sale? Here are pictures of the
mess.

before:

after:

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Buying gen parts is a (expensive) leap in the dark when it comes to rep watch cases.
I would keep it as it is unless you can source spare parts from rep dealers.
The crack in not so visible and to me overall looks better than before.

Reactions: watchlover128

watchlover128

Known Member
9/12/14

Nightmare I found this on eBay and questioning if it’s worth a shot. It’s a 42mm bezel from a 145.022. I’m a 42mm aswell but just not sure. I’ve asked for the measurements. Fingers crossed and il let you know how I get on.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
I don’t think it is even noticeable. I wouldn’t have seen it if you didn’t say exactly where it was tbh.

I’d stick a little double sided tape and set it flush. I doubt anyone would ever notice. Plus, it’s vintage. It should have some wear and tear on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk