X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedmaster parts

Hi guys,
    In my endless pursuit for perfection I tried to grind down my
    OM Speedmaster bezel ring. This was to get the bezel insert to sit flush for a gen like look. In the process of doing this I have gone to far. Part of the bezel cracked and now it’s too low at 6 oclock so the insert will not seat. I also managed to crack the insert. I have a new insert on the way but need help sourcing a bezel ring. Does anyone know if a 145.022 genuine bezel ring would fit. Or does anyone know anyone that has a bezel ring for sale? Here are pictures of the
    mess.

before:

after:

Buying gen parts is a (expensive) leap in the dark when it comes to rep watch cases.
    I would keep it as it is unless you can source spare parts from rep dealers.
    The crack in not so visible and to me overall looks better than before.

Comment

Here's the genuine bezel and insert.

https://mccawcompany.com/watchparts/...zel-black.html

Perhaps you can epoxy it on if it's not able to seat correctly.
      My wish list:
      Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post
        Here's the genuine bezel and insert.

https://mccawcompany.com/watchparts/...zel-black.html

Perhaps you can epoxy it on if it's not able to seat correctly.
        Hey RX4 Time it looks like just the black insert. Is that the metal bezel aswell?

Comment

Insert alone.

Comment

Nightmare I found this on eBay and questioning if it’s worth a shot. It’s a 42mm bezel from a 145.022. I’m a 42mm aswell but just not sure. I’ve asked for the measurements. Fingers crossed and il let you know how I get on.

Comment

I don’t think it is even noticeable. I wouldn’t have seen it if you didn’t say exactly where it was tbh.

I’d stick a little double sided tape and set it flush. I doubt anyone would ever notice. Plus, it’s vintage. It should have some wear and tear on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X