• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about dial rotating when screwing in case back.

BevoMG

Looking Around
7/1/20
Texas
I've got a ceramic panda Daytona rep with a VK Quartz movement that I got off DHGate for <$100. Now- I know I shouldn't expect a lot from this watch (especially for this cheap); however I am actually pretty pleased with it. My only issue is that the dial is a couple of millimeters crooked to the left. I took of the screw-down oyster back and am able to line up the dial with a little bit of rotational pressure from a small screw driver; unfortunately, when I go to screw back on the case back, the dial rotates right back to where it was. Do you guys have any suggestions for how I might stabilize the dial and keep it from moving?

If this isn't the right place to post this- my apologies.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Pics of the movement, and how it's held in place, would really help. If it's like the cheap quartz reps/watches I've opened up, they tend to be held in place by a plastic ring. If so, maybe you could try to increase the grip of that ring by inserting some paper or thin plastic card between it and the case to hold everything in place more firmly. Or given how cheap it was - glue it in, as you hardly need to worry about needing to remove it for servicing in the future! :)