• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lume pigment recommendation

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Hi all,

Looking to do (my first) relume project of some sub hands, they have indeed been relumed already (badly done IMO) and has a very dull color almost a greenish hue to them..

If someone could recommend a (white color) lume that glows green I'd greatly appreciate it!

ps: any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated too!

some pictures....

Here's what they look like now.
Here's what I'm aiming for The nice white looking lume :D

Thanks in advance!

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Maybe try our TD http://www.noctilumina.com/

I had good results with those

IMO Noctilumina is the best out there. I have used Watchlume and some generic stuff off fleabay, but the Noctilumina is fantastic. Mixes well, flows really good on hands. Used their "fine" mix recently and got fabulous results (although I didn't like the color...so redoing. Working on a vintage build project)

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Thanks for the recommendations guys I've just ordered a kit!

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Recieved the kit today! Impressive packaging I like it already :D

I'll see what I can come up with my first hand at luming hands and possibly a dial.

Reactions: Oascom

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
I always use a very small spoon or a toothpick if I’m in a crunch. Tooth pick works and if they break, the scraps are easy to find.

If you’re wanting puffy, vintage style lume, the formula is flour and some tea. Yea, it won’t glow but let the flour set with water based binder (basically Elmer’s glue). Then add tiny little drops of tea on each plot. It will shrink slightly and you’ll get a nice outline of dark patina and a littler brighter patina on the markers. I always add a little bit of ground up rust to the recipe as well.

The only thing about noctiluminova’s binder is that they’re a little too glossy. You have to thin it very well to get the perfect mix. Not too runny and not too glossy. It takes quite a few tries to get it right.

I would practice on an old credit card or some membership card made of plastic. Draw a few triangles and circles on it and practice luming. Plastic is probably the toughest to lume bc it could easily run off if it’s too thin but it’s great to practice on. If you plan on luming vintage dials with matte printing, spray a layer of matte black spray paint and repeat. Over and over and over.

If you want to practice on modern dials, order a set of markers from fleabay. They’re cheap and you can practice putting them in the tiny little cups. It’s not as easy as it sounds. It’s hard to get used to.

Also get a good set of oilers. A full set. They go from what’s basically a tiny cup to a needle sharp Oiler. They all come in handy one time or another.

Practice a LOT before doing it on a dial you plan on keeping. My hands still shake when I’m about to lume a nice dial.

Oh and don’t drink coffee before luming!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I always use a very small spoon or a toothpick if I’m in a crunch. Tooth pick works and if they break, the scraps are easy to find.

If you’re wanting puffy, vintage style lume, the formula is flour and some tea. Yea, it won’t glow but let the flour set with water based binder (basically Elmer’s glue). Then add tiny little drops of tea on each plot. It will shrink slightly and you’ll get a nice outline of dark patina and a littler brighter patina on the markers. I always add a little bit of ground up rust to the recipe as well.

The only thing about noctiluminova’s binder is that they’re a little too glossy. You have to thin it very well to get the perfect mix. Not too runny and not too glossy. It takes quite a few tries to get it right.

I would practice on an old credit card or some membership card made of plastic. Draw a few triangles and circles on it and practice luming. Plastic is probably the toughest to lume bc it could easily run off if it’s too thin but it’s great to practice on. If you plan on luming vintage dials with matte printing, spray a layer of matte black spray paint and repeat. Over and over and over.

If you want to practice on modern dials, order a set of markers from fleabay. They’re cheap and you can practice putting them in the tiny little cups. It’s not as easy as it sounds. It’s hard to get used to.

Also get a good set of oilers. A full set. They go from what’s basically a tiny cup to a needle sharp Oiler. They all come in handy one time or another.

Practice a LOT before doing it on a dial you plan on keeping. My hands still shake when I’m about to lume a nice dial.

Oh and don’t drink coffee before luming!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the info! Much appreciated.