16610LV JF Bracelet broke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16610LV JF Bracelet broke

I picked up my JF 16610 and the Bracelet popped of at the SEL. It never droped or get a hit.

So no problem for searching for a small springbar BUT the little piece in the hole is stuck like hell...i tried everything to get it out, but it is so tight and there is only like 0,01mm to grab.

Maybe someone has an idea how to get this thing out?

Maybe try supergluing a small drill bit to it in a "T' config to lift with equal pressure from both sides. If no go, glue again and stick in freezer, maybe parts will shrink away from each other
    We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
    GMT Movements Explained
    BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
    Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
    The Fantasy Watch Thread
    Noob GMT's poor bezel design
    Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
      Maybe try supergluing a small drill bit to it in a "T' config to lift with equal pressure from both sides. If no go, glue again and stick in freezer, maybe parts will shrink away from each other
      Superglue is a good idea, i'll give it a try. Thanks Mate.

Comment

I have the same issue with my JF bracelet. That 1 link just does not seem to like staying in place.

It’s not really a spring bar. It’s a tube with a spring inside it and the ends are stuck in place. When 1 side gets stuck, that seems to be why it pops out.

You kinda have to pull the entire link apart to see what’s going on. I re-assembled the whole thing, used some claps to tighten the hell out of the link and it did work but that link got extremely hard to move up and down. Then, it eventually fell apart again.

When you hold it up to the light you will see a gap in that link. It got pulled apart when you were trying to adjust it to get the spring bar to snap in place. You just have to get the spring and the ends in the correct spots and push them back together again.

The way these are made from what I’ve found out is that the ends had holes in them that are laser welded once the pin and the tubes are in place.

I did think about using superglue but I’m still iffy about that because I don’t want that link to be glued together either.

Here is a short video of someone demonstrating the tool to disassemble and then reassemble the oyster bracelet.

You can see the links are held in place by the tube and they all look like 1 solid piece (spring bar looking)

https://youtu.be/_0Ex0q49SdQ

Here’s one for the jubilee bracelet, which has similar construction if not exactly the same.

https://youtu.be/aphVSzced9I

Either way, it’s a pain in the ass.

Did you ever get it to be reassembled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i solved the Problem. I put the Braceletpart in an Ultrasonic cleaner and pulled the piece out with a needle. worked perfect.

i found a new "springbar" pin at cousins uk.

Will Post when it arrived and it works

Comment

Originally posted by RobSe1 View Post
            i solved the Problem. I put the Braceletpart in an Ultrasonic cleaner and pulled the piece out with a needle. worked perfect.

i found a new "springbar" pin at cousins uk.

Will Post when it arrived and it works
            Solved problem? The new springbar is arrived?
            I have the same problem and i don’t know how to move.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by simone.f View Post

Solved problem? The new springbar is arrived?
              I have the same problem and i don’t know how to move.

Cousin Uk have the pins...you have to replace the broken pin whit a new one...is not a spring bar is a pin mate

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Originally posted by swisstswiss View Post

Cousin Uk have the pins...you have to replace the broken pin whit a new one...is not a spring bar is a pin mate

Sent from the RWI App
                Thank you man, i appreciate!

Comment

Originally posted by swisstswiss View Post

Sent from the RWI App
                  Do you know the model of pin that fits perfectly in JF bracelet? Or maybe a code of the model of pin..

Comment

Originally posted by simone.f View Post

Do you know the model of pin that fits perfectly in JF bracelet? Or maybe a code of the model of pin..

I pm you

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

yeah i managed it. i used the new pin-bar. like new

Comment

Working...
                      X