• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel rebrush and polish

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Hi all

Anyone know is it possible to do the following mod? I find the ARF v3 and ZZF v2 bezel teeth (which I am holding) those holes are not as shiny as the gen. Kind of a matt reflection effect. Any modder to be recommended for this?

hulk and deepsea are gen bezel. Black dial sub is rep bezel.

​​​​​​​

Last edited:

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Very risky messing around with bezel teeth-brush. It can completely change the optics of the watch.

Used gens bezels are matte as well. The AD showroom shine wears off after a few years.

The JJF bezel is simply wrong. Too pointy. But the ARF bezels are very close to gen OTB. In fact I’d say ARF bezels look more gen than any of my used/polished gens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
aEyrK.jpg
aE17v.jpg

ARF is good but i noticed with arf bezel, the crystal tends to show out more in open. Suspect the thickness of arf bezel is slimmer than zzf and gen.
Even with gen crystal, same result as oem arf crystal.

Last edited:

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
aEyrK.jpg
aE17v.jpg

ARF is good but i noticed with arf bezel, the crystal tends to show out more in open. Suspect the thickness of arf bezel is slimmer than zzf and gen.
Even with gen crystal, same result as oem arf crystal.

Or the crystal is installed to high

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Ok ya. Very likely. I swapped with zzf bezel and the xtal is the same height. Damn.

Last edited:

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Or the crystal is installed to high

Does it gotta do with the retaining ring and crystal gasket?

Can a gen crystal gasket be bought?