• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Really bad experience using replicawatchrepair.com

rfresh737

Horology Curious
12/6/17
I want to post my experience trying to use replicawatchrepair.com to repair my two tone GMT rep. I fear I will not get this watch back from this repair service.

Two months ago I sent my TT GMT in for a general movement service. It had stopped working so I think it just needed a service/repair. Two months ago they acknowledged receiving my watch. About one week after that they called me and left me a message but no information on whay they were trying to reach me. That is the last time I have heard from them.

I have called them back and left about 6 voice mails, asking why did you call me and what's the problem? Zero response.

I used their contact us form about 6 times over the past 7 weeks. No response.

For reasons I don't understand, this replica repair service has essentially cut me off from all communications...and they still have my watch. As far as I tell from their lack of response to my contact attempts, I guess I will never hear from them again and will never see my GMT watch again.

I wanted to post my experience in the hopes that others will not fall into this black hole called replicawatchrepair.com. Choose another repair service. This is no way to run a watch repair business.

The image below is what my watch looks like except it mine has a sterile dial and is just the regular two tone gold (no rose gold).
WfKbQ.png

Last edited:

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
the forum has plenty of watchsmiths inside and outside of EU to service your watch,you ve been here long enough to figure that out.
Although i dont know that site,and even though it has been running for 5 years i wouldnt send the watch like that,as i ve said plenty of modders etc in this forum to service a watch for you.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Yeah, sadly I don’t think you’re going to get much empathy from the forum. If you had posted here asking about them and their service before you sent the watch, everyone would have told you to stick to the trusted dealer section or the supporting Vendor section or recommended someone you can trust. But these sites often don’t work more than they do work. And if they don’t work, there is no way to do anything but complain because there are no recourses.

I know even with the tds here there can be misunderstandings and delays. Hopefully that’s all this is and you’ll get your watch back soon.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Sad to hear. Believe this site is a scam im afraid.

Reactions: TESLA760

rfresh737

Horology Curious
12/6/17
Well I got my watch returned, un-repaired. I'm just glad I got it back. This guy had it for 2 1/2 months and had done nothing to it.

So, now I want to find someone within the US who does GMT replica repairs. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you...

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Well I got my watch returned, un-repaired. I'm just glad I got it back. This guy had it for 2 1/2 months and had done nothing to it.

So, now I want to find someone within the US who does GMT replica repairs. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you...

I’m glad you got your watch back. I’ve heard mixed reviews on that place. Most are negative. They seem pretty shady. Try Strodda or Katt. Read the reviews. Both are US based.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/supporting-vendors

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/katt-s-watch-repair

Reactions: TESLA760

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
As Tucker indicated, they have had a lot of bad reviews here on RWI...lots of people here can help you and they have great reviews.

rodnaudi

Looking Around
25/10/22
I had the same experience. Two months are receiving my homage watch, there is no feedback from RWI. After multiple refusals to cooperate, I was able to reach them. She immediately responded and said they would return my watch under the code " violation of terms." I don't know if that meant that I was supposed to shut up and wait. However, this company showed no professionalism. My watch was never inspected. This company, based in Port Wentworth, GA has proven to be a scam. I would not recommend that anyone does business with them.

pahey345

Horology Curious
25/7/16
Can someone private message me who is able to fix my GMT II Pepsi? I’m located in GA USA and am willing to ship to a trusted source. I don’t want to send my watch back to China as I feel like the mail will swallow it up. Thanks in advance!!!

-Patrick

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Can someone private message me who is able to fix my GMT II Pepsi? I’m located in GA USA and am willing to ship to a trusted source. I don’t want to send my watch back to China as I feel like the mail will swallow it up. Thanks in advance!!!

-Patrick
Most of not all of the trusted watchsmiths are back logged. Try Major.