• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help! What movement a d its assembly guide

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19

Hey everyone,
as i had mentioned few days ago i have ordered a set of tools and getting onto this other side of the hobby. I have opened a Patek Philippe very cheap quality my friend gave me from India.
i dont know what movement is this so i cant find out maybe a guide to assemble it back. Can anyone help here please? From searching some on this forum and ebay it looks like DG 2816 to me or maybe 2813.

wow the parts are really small when you open the movement. It looks pretty complicated. I thought itd be worse but not too bad.
thanks fam.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There's a DG2813 guide in the tech and repair sub forum here. You should read through it all before starting to follow it step by step. You may change your mind about attempting reassembly.

For future reference, it's a good idea to take a pic of the movement before EVERY part is removed in sequence during disassembly. That way you make your own reassembly guide.

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
There's a DG2813 guide in the tech and repair sub forum here. You should read through it all before starting to follow it step by step. You may change your mind about attempting reassembly.

For future reference, it's a good idea to take a pic of the movement before EVERY part is removed in sequence during disassembly. That way you make your own reassembly guide.

Hey, i browsed through it and theres a step by step strip down but the OP hasnt posted the assembly I think. Yes that was my biggest mistake to not take pics for the first few times.
i figured how to set the train wheel and bridge but few parts im still trying to figure out the puzzle

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The 2813 is one of the more difficult to reassemble. Best wishes!

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
The 2813 is one of the more difficult to reassemble. Best wishes!

Hey man, yea it looks like it from many comments on the forum. I dont even know if mine is 2813 or 2816. Cant find a pictorial to reassemble nor youtube videos ????