• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen hands on 2836

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It would be very difficult, modifying hands/movement would be necessary.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
That's what I thought, thank you!

So hands, dial, and obviously movement parts, would be the parts that doesn't fit a sub with a 2836?

Dial will with feet cut or mainplate drilled to accept the feet position. Date wheel can be sanded down and used as a overlay. Ultimately you destroy the genuine parts in the process.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Dial will with feet cut or mainplate drilled to accept the feet position. Date wheel can be sanded down and used as a overlay. Ultimately you destroy the genuine parts in the process.

I think you can use gen datewheel for DJII as an overlay. I remember KJ saying he was doing this. Just need taller pinions and taller dial spacers.

Dial can be added using dots. It’s not the best solution but it works.

I would recommend not using gen parts on a 28** movement though.

If you’re dead set on building a Franken, get a JF or ZF with a clone movement and not the ones with a 28** with a decorated cover plate. Those are just a PITA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Alephpark

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/17
here are the size for the hand holes
3135 = H 1.40 M .95 S .22 (mm)
2836/2824 =H 1.50 M 0.90 S 0.25 (mm)

you can see that for Hour and Second hands hole size for 2836movement is bigger so you can broach the gen hands to make it fit
however, for minute hands the hole size of 2836 movement hands is smaller so you'll have to figure out another way such as soldering and stuff