• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Loose rotor - automatic watch stopped

crashuid

Certified
17/12/19
London
Hi everyone,
I received a replica and after a few minutes of wearing it I started to ear a mechanical sound inside the watch.....and then the watch stopped.
I decided to open it and for my surprise the rotor was untied and the screw was on the side.
I was able to screw the rotor again and it is rotating nice and smoothly but my watch is not working...
I tired to manual wind... and nothing :(
Btw I'm completely newbie!
Any tips? Thanks.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
There might still be something stuck in the balance. Can you upload a picture of the movement for us to see?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

crashuid

Certified
17/12/19
London
There might still be something stuck in the balance. Can you upload a picture of the movement for us to see?

Thanks. Please find attached.
Do you recognize the movement?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
It's a 2813 variation. Try turning it caseback down and give it a couple of good hard taps to see if you can get it running and dislodge anything in the balance. don't be gentle as you won't break it anymore then it currently is.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
If you have airpuffer you can try to blow directly into balance wheel and see if something comes out / balance start moving.

crashuid

Certified
17/12/19
London
You guys are genius!!! I tapped the watch quite hard and now is working!!! Fantastic!!!! Ehehhe many thanks. I'm so happy with my cheap speedmaster rep!!! Ehehhe

Reactions: mrsullivan

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
I’m glad you got your watch working again. Cheers!

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
If you tapped it and it work that means if most likely something lose inside or dirt. You might want it serviced.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
If you tapped it and it work that means if most likely something lose inside or dirt. You might want it serviced.

This ^^^ if banging got it running again, something is def loose in there. I wouldn’t waste money getting it serviced. Just open the case back and gently shake it around with the dial side up. Something is def loose in there and can cause all sorts of damages if not fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk