• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Misaligned hour markers and logo on Daytona Noob

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I've had my Daytona Noob V3 for a few weeks now, it's a good watch but i'm not happy with the alignment of the hour markers and Rolex logo on the dial. It's my first rep and i should have done my qc better.

The Rolex logo is alightly crooked to the right and doesn't align with the printed index at 12 o clock.

The Hour markers at position 2, 4 and 5 do not align with the printed indexes, the middle of the markers should meet the index. Hour markers 3 and 6 also look a bit crooked.

Most of the watchmakers i've taken this to in the London area refuse to work on replicas and the ones who do work on replicas will not do the work, telling me that i should live with it. But I've spent £700 on this watch with the clean factory bezel installed and I don't want this substandard dial.

Is there anyone who can fix these issues? Anyone on the board who fixes such things? The alignment of the logo is the most important to me but the hour markers would also be nice.

Many Thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Markers have feet on the back and the dial has holes drilled in it for the feet. To fix a marker, you have to remove the movement, the hands and the dial. Then scrape the glue off the back of the dial for that marker and push the feet out to free the marker. If it's just crooked, one of the feet has to be sanded flat then the marker is pivoted on the other foot to a straight position and reglued. Some of your hour markers look actually misplaced so maybe both feet would have to be sanded and reglued. The hour markers are wide enough to cover the old holes. The coronet might be a problem because the spires are not very wide and moving the coronet might not cover a hole, or the glue that always remains on the dial when you remove a marker.

Look in the vendor services section for help. You can post your location and see if someone can add more suggestions on someone to do this for you. Sorry, I do not do this work for others.

15697784073551.jpg

15670811830016.jpg

Last edited:

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Markers have feet on the back and the dial has holes drilled in it for the feet. To fix a marker, you have to remove the movement, the hands and the dial. Then scrape the glue off the back of the dial for that marker and push the feet out to free the marker. If it's just crooked, one of the feet has to be sanded flat then the marker is pivoted on the other foot to a straight position and reglued. Some of your hour markers look actually misplaced so maybe both feet would have to be sanded and reglued. The hour markers are wide enough to cover the old holes. The coronet might be a problem because the spires are not very wide and moving the coronet might not cover a hole, or the glue that always remains on the dial when you remove a marker.

Look in the vendor services section for help. You can post your location and see if someone can add more suggestions on someone to do this for you. Sorry, I do not do this work for others.

15697784073551.jpg

15670811830016.jpg

Thanks for your input. I will try to get another dial from my TD. Is that something TDs can typically do?

nevikwen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/09
My experience is that TD don't usually sell only parts.
Just food for thoughts, if you do end up going down the road of pulling apart the watch and installing new dial etc.... You may want to try source an ARF daytona dial instead, they are much better made than Noob dials.

Reactions: RonP

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for your input. I will try to get another dial from my TD. Is that something TDs can typically do?

Yes many TDs will source a dial for you. There isn't much profit in it for them, so their willingness usually increases if it's part of a larger order, i.e., also buy a watch. "I'll buy this watch and oh I need this dial too".

Suggest trying Jtimewatch, Intime, Puretime.

ARF no longer sells dials separately.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Yes many TDs will source a dial for you. There isn't much profit in it for them, so their willingness usually increases if it's part of a larger order, i.e., also buy a watch. "I'll buy this watch and oh I need this dial too".

Suggest trying Jtimewatch, Intime, Puretime.

ARF no longer sells dials separately.

Thanks again, I bought the watch from Puretime so i will try them.

Reactions: KJ2020

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
None of the Trusted Dealers are able to source a dial for me. Is there anyone on the forum based in the UK/Europe who could assist with this issue?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I have a noob dial you can have for free just pay postage, it's black though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobi01 and KJ2020

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I have a noob dial you can have for free just pay postage, it's black though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the offer, it's very kind of you.

However i am looking for a white dial only.