• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watchmaker bench

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I took your advice on the uppy/downy desk. Super nice to work at. Thanks for the guide. Ive got detachable armrests from ergo rest in the cupboard which ive never tried but i wanted to follow the guide without cutting into the nice new desk :)

Looks great ! :)

Less parts on the floor now?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Looks great ! :)

Less parts on the floor now?

Thanks mate! Yeah definitely less, combining the parts catching groove and your magical magnet design has vastly reduced the time spent crawling around!

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
My work for building a desk starts next week. My full house is being renovated so ill take use of my carpenter. Ill order the adjustable frame and wood ill buy local.
My idea is to build like 5x2.5/3 desk or a L shaped one for one side for polishing and cleaning.

Still wondering how much cabinet/ drawers shall i have and of what kind. Shall i have a formica/laminated top wood? Do I keep space for light on the desk and plugs. Few things to decide soon and give design to my carpenter.

Feel free to throw ideas

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
My work for building a desk starts next week. My full house is being renovated so ill take use of my carpenter. Ill order the adjustable frame and wood ill buy local.
My idea is to build like 5x2.5/3 desk or a L shaped one for one side for polishing and cleaning.

Still wondering how much cabinet/ drawers shall i have and of what kind. Shall i have a formica/laminated top wood? Do I keep space for light on the desk and plugs. Few things to decide soon and give design to my carpenter.

Feel free to throw ideas

You cant have your polishing station close to your bench. Too much dust mate

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
You cant have your polishing station close to your bench. Too much dust mate

Ya thats what i was thinking if it would dust my work bench. So no i know ill just make one bench for watch works Nd just use a random table for polishing a bit further away or on the opposite side of the bench.

Can you show me ho you have it organized like drawers and shelves and the desk itself?

Hopefully ill get better at this :D

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
Oh this looks good enough yeh. Maybe i can buy the same or show it to my carpenter and he can make for me.

Do you also have lights on your desk apart from the one above the desk? And any specific slots/holes you would suggest to have on the bench?

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I do have some extra lights. Some led ones dimmable.

It's good to have some extra electric outlets etc

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19

Hey Oascom, finally the project i was going after since last year came into place now hahah.
had some troubles in health and a fatal accident so took time after recovery but now bench is almost ready. If you allow and wanna see i can post pics. I tried to keep it like yours but not as good hehe.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Hey Oascom, finally the project i was going after since last year came into place now hahah.
had some troubles in health and a fatal accident so took time after recovery but now bench is almost ready. If you allow and wanna see i can post pics. I tried to keep it like yours but not as good hehe.

Show it buddy, it's always nice to see :)

Hopefully your recovery was successful and all.if good health wise.

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
Show it buddy, it's always nice to see :)

Hopefully your recovery was successful and all.if good health wise.

0661f73b1b96700291317442dae476de.jpg

e40c28c024ae27b34d19853e4cecffb4.jpg

Thank you soo much for posting your bench it helped me alot. Still busy setting up slowly. :D

I need ideas for arm rests. Mounts are hard to find

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
0661f73b1b96700291317442dae476de.jpg

e40c28c024ae27b34d19853e4cecffb4.jpg

Thank you soo much for posting your bench it helped me alot. Still busy setting up slowly. :D

I need ideas for arm rests. Mounts are hard to find

:) Good job, one thing i noticed that the cut out are done very deep into the table. You might have little hard time with parts falling to the right and left but if you are careful it should be ok.

As for the arm rests. Try to make ones yourself with memory foam and leather.
Brackets you have to MacGyver something out. I used ran mounts but they are expensive around 300$
​​​​​

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
arm rests are ready now just missing the mounts, slacked of quite a bit cz of Covid :( hopefully can focus again now.
:) Good job, one thing i noticed that the cut out are done very deep into the table. You might have little hard time with parts falling to the right and left but if you are careful it should be ok.

As for the arm rests. Try to make ones yourself with memory foam and leather.
Brackets you have to MacGyver something out. I used ran mounts but they are expensive around 300$
​​​​​

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
It looks nice , good deal. For me it would be little small but for small works repairs you don't need huge space

They are available in 46", 52", 62" and 72". I'm thinking 62" will work for me. Right now I have 36" wide bench.

s.orologiaio

19/7/17
There’s a good deal on becotechnic, 50% discount on their bench (2400€ If I remember), still too much maybe

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk