• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upo omega stopped, i did this and it started!...

sparlymarky123

Horology Curious
1/4/07
So its been stopped for about 2 months. Cant wind it or anything, just refuses to turn. I figured i'd take the caseback off and have a look (no idea what i'm doing!) Turned it only 2mm and it started working!
Even the perpetual/auto wind thing works when i shake my wrist again.

Obviously i've just left it and not taken the back off!

Any ideas what turning the caseback a smidge would have freed up?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Loose screw wedged between the rotor and caseback

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Loose screw wedged between the rotor and caseback

Most likely what KJ said. Check the movement tab screws to make sure they’re fully screwed down.

Hold the watch face up with the case back removed and shake it gently. If you hear something rattling inside, def take the auto bridge off and see if there’s anything loose in there and do the same if you don’t find anything. Look under the balance wheel too. That’s usually where things get stuck.

Also check to make sure the rotor screw isn’t too long. I’ve seen some that are basically movement tab screws with tapping screws they are twice the length of the rotor screws. That can put too much pressure on the train bridge and cause it to stop.

If nothing is loose inside, send it to a watch smith since you don’t know how to disassemble and assemble the movement back. I’m sure a servicing would help quite a bit. Or you can just get a gen ETA for about the same price as a service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk