• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cyclops removal & realign

fnf01

Horology Curious
30/10/19
Who in US can remove and reattach a cyclops? Got unlucky with QC photos and couldn’t see the misalignment cause of the angle but now I got it it’s bugging me.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
It would be easier to just rotate the crystal. Just remove the bezel assembly and tension ring and you should be able to pop the crystal off. Just put it back on correctly.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fnf01

Horology Curious
30/10/19
It would be easier to just rotate the crystal. Just remove the bezel assembly and tension ring and you should be able to pop the crystal off. Just put it back on correctly.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might consider that but the engraved crown at 6o'clock is currently lined up perfect.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Ah. That sucks.. moving a cyclops isnt gonna be easy man. I know you can remove it using a xacto knife or a very thin razor. You do have to apply some heat to the cyclops before removing to loose up the glue but I have no idea what adhesive would be that clear after setting.
It would def need to be a very strong one.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Good one bro, instructions are solid. Esslinger needs to do better on glue cleanup and straight installation though holy cow

ehhZX.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'd sacrifice that for a better cyclops alignment any day. Re-gluing the cyclops is not worth it.

Have to say I agree. I've removed several cyclops. Really shouldn't do it without the crystal off the watch. About 45 seconds in the center point flame of a candle or other lighter and a couple flicks with an exacto knife will pop it off. But there's risk of scratching the underside of it since some (maybe many) rep cyclops aren't made of sapphire. I didn't really care that I damaged a couple since I was turning the crystal into a non-cyclops one anyway. If any AR is involved on the top of the crystal or either side of the cyclops, you can forget about it remaining intact.

If you have the crystal off anyway, set the cyclops where it needs to be and see if you can live with the LEC. Gen LEC is nearly impossible to see without magnification and specific lighting, so if you can see it without that it's a tell anyway.

fnf01

Horology Curious
30/10/19
That job is pretty awful espcially for a business trying to sell a product lol

Lolol please no. Hahahaha this is the sloppiest job I ever seen.

Oascom, this something you'd tackle? I've got a pm in to you seems like itd be in your "custom mod" territory, price? Also have a question on a broke DD40 pm'd to you. You can see I've been very unlucky on my last rep order and will be kicking myself for a while.