• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sweet Tiffany 5 digit

alfonzo

25/7/19
Fudge! I have made a little progress and I wanted to post a pic or 2 but my Mac has been shitting the bed for a while now and PS will no longer work on this mac.. My new Mac Book Pro will be here on Friday so the pic/thread update will have to wait until then. I am working on making a jig to hold the ST case for drilling and reshaping. I am using 2.5" 6061 round bar to make the jig. It will allow me to hold the work in a vise without causing damage to the case while I attempt to damage the case by reshaping it.

alfonzo

25/7/19
OK new Mac delivered one day early and we are back in business.

Working on the jig for the case work. I was humming right along, completed the back part of the jig and cutting it off of the stock and had a crash. It's not matter of if but when. Nothing too damaging just threw the work piece out a bit. I salvaged the back and will reset the stock to finish the front part of the jig. It is going to work perfectly once competed. Here are a few pics.

tiffa.jpg

rbar.jpg

tiff1.jpg

tiff2.jpg

tiff3.jpg

tiff4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hor-Fan

alfonzo

25/7/19
Pretty much got this finished. Whew! I drilled a hole to tap for a screw to hold the jig together when using it for polishing or any manipulation outside of the vise. I think it is really going to work out well.

jig1.jpg

jig2.jpg

jig3.jpg

jig4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hor-Fan

alfonzo

25/7/19
OK either this is the whiskey talking or I had a stroke of brilliance in how to setup and register the print. Consider this a teaser as when I get to the POC of my C-Vid boredom/whiskey induced ego trip, you can be the judge but according to Occam's razor I hope you will agree. LMAO so fucking simple...

Last edited:

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
OK either this is the whiskey talking or I had a stroke of brilliance in how to setup and register the print. Consider this a teaser as when I get to the POC of my C-Vid boredom/whiskey induced ego trip, you can be the judge but according to Occam's razor I hope you will agree. LMAO so fucking simple...

Keeping watch, good luck.

Reactions: alfonzo

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Hello! Any updates on your 16610 build hope all is well:D