• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DG2813 Movement Screws Missing??

HSN

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/17
In my first step towards building a proper franken (some day soon), I decided to try my hand at changing a dial...

The donor watch is a 36mm Grape Dial Oyster Perpetual that I got from Reg.
Before ordering a suitable replacement dial from Rafflesdials – I thought it best to check the ID of the watch case…

I removed the case back and crown stem and found that the (DG2813) movement simply “fell” out of the case (along with the plastic movement ring/spacer) under gravity.
I would have thought that the movement (or at least the ring) would have been secured to the case – is it unusual for it not to be or have I missed/damaged some fixings?
OR does the case back sandwich the movement in place?

When putting the watch back together, I found that a perfect circle of unsightly witness marks/scratches on the dial (caused by contact with the inside of the re-haut) were visible – as the dial was not in exactly the same position relative to the case it was when first assembled.

I’ve re-assembled to try to get as best a fit as possible but have since found that the whole movement moves minutely every time I screw/unscrew the crown meaning that the marks on the dial come back in to view…

Do I need to get some movement tabs/screws or am I doing something wrong?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
OR does the case back sandwich the movement in place?

Yes

These movements / watches are too cheap to even come with a metal movement holder.

The case and movement can accommodate one though and you can buy them aftermarket along wifh screws and tabs.

Measure the case first, movement holders are 28.2mm or 29.2mm outside diameter.

Check Raffles

Reactions: Hor-Fan