• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need a welder for hands

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
I am looking for someone who can change the tubes for me on gen 116900 hands. The picture below has the gen hands on the bottom and rep on the top. I need the tall tubes on the gen hands to make them work on my Air King.

2ax3P.jpg

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Do you know what welding is ?

You need a watchmaker - preferably a fully qualified one who can change the hand posts for you.

Or maybe a fireman could do it - he could blast the posts off with his fire hose.

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
alternatively you can change to higher pinions on the movement itself
I will have to look and see if I can find those for the 3132. I figured tall tubes was the only option available for the clearance needed.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Do you know what welding is ?

You need a watchmaker - preferably a fully qualified one who can change the hand posts for you.

Or maybe a fireman could do it - he could blast the posts off with his fire hose.

I think he meant soldering.

I saw some watchmakers change post and then solder underside this way they don't have to "rivet" it.

This destroy the finnish of the hand tho...

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
I think he meant soldering.

I saw some watchmakers change post and then solder underside this way they don't have to "rivet" it.

This destroy the finnish of the hand tho...

Thanks, you are correct. I meant soldering. Too many early mornings for me recently!