• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58 replacement domed crystal

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
Hi everyone,

Got a scratch on my ZF Tudor Black Bay 58 crystal and was wondering if there was any replacement option out there?

I asked Clark’s and some sellers on AliExpress but they don’t have it.

Supposed to be a domed sapphire crystal.

jomtones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/19
If it’s not deep you can buff it out, even though it’s sapphire. You just need the one thing harder than sapphire - diamond!

So what you’ll want is diamond polishing paste. First you’ll need 2.5 or 3 micron to get rid of the scratch, then 0.5 micron for final polish. You can just use microfiber cloth. you can buy paste on eBay from China. I paid $10 for a set of pastes.

Will be more cost effective than crystal replacement, and if the scratch isn’t deep, will look as good as new

Reactions: Plantagenet

Pxnchdrunkdave

Looking Around
24/1/21
Hi All, just wondering if anyone knows about where best to find out the gen spec/ product code to order the BB58 crystal or alternatively where to obtain a third party crystal which is clearer than the one which ships with the ZF?

Thanks!

alexjustdoit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/13
Hi All, just wondering if anyone knows about where best to find out the gen spec/ product code to order the BB58 crystal or alternatively where to obtain a third party crystal which is clearer than the one which ships with the ZF?

Thanks!

Also wondering this... I cracked my crystal real badly