• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM225 modding ideas/assistance/help

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I have been extremely lucky recently and managed to pick up a PAM225 Slytech. Despite all the flaws that this rep has I like it a lot, however I am thinking to find a modder that is able to perform some mods that I think would make it look even better.

The two mods I had in mind are :
  1. Tritium lume
  2. T SWISS MADE T instead of the current L SWISS MADE L (if I remember correctly, years ago there was somebody who did this successfuly)
Any other ideas what to do?
Who is “the man” to do the mods? I sent a PM to Natas78 since he has huge experience with PAM’s

GEN :

REP :

Photoshop REP :

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
The lume is the first step, after that possible steel chapter ring inserts on the chrono dials. I don’t think there is a fix for the too large “12” index, but that might be interesting to explore ...

I have debated pursuing those dual inserts, but haven’t really put much effort into it. I love the aged tritium look, but I also know if were to have sent it in for maintenance in the recent past, they would have reworked the lume to superlumjnova anyway. And I like the lume more than the look. If only I could have both haha

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I think Natas78 is best eqquiped to help you out with that.

Nice watch btw

I contacted Natas immediatley since I know about his previous work on the PAM225 that he did. Discussed with him about the mods and for the moment I won’t do anything

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
The lume is the first step, after that possible steel chapter ring inserts on the chrono dials. I don’t think there is a fix for the too large “12” index, but that might be interesting to explore ...

I have debated pursuing those dual inserts, but haven’t really put much effort into it. I love the aged tritium look, but I also know if were to have sent it in for maintenance in the recent past, they would have reworked the lume to superlumjnova anyway. And I like the lume more than the look. If only I could have both haha

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Looks like I won’t be making any mods to this one since the tritium lume color makes sense if the l swiss made l could be modded to t swiss made t but for the moment this is to be avoided.

We all know about Panerai official service centers exchanging T dials for L dials if the watches are sent for service but what I especially like is this tritoum lume and white dial, the greenish luminova dial does not make the watch special.

What is interesting, on this website the photos of the 225 shows it with the luminova dial and w/o serial number on the back. A prototype or replica?

http://www.paneraisource.com/watch_details/Special_129.html

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
That is odd -- there are too many "what ifs" there to come up with anything substantive haha. Since you posted this, I have a renewed vigor to solve the chrono dial problem. I'll let you know if I get anything worth pursuing there ...

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
nalomb cool, will be looking forward hearing from you if you manage to solve the problems related to the dial. In case I can help somehow, let me know

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
On the following link http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=6526189&rid=0 there is a story of the gen owner that has had his dial replaced by Panerai service center on his PAM225. Pity it’s an old post and the photo is no longer available. We know that the hardcore Paneristi would never accept that but there are people who like the strong lume on their Panerai’s and prefer to have the Luminova rather than an aged tritium dial that is no longer glowing in the dark.

I would prefer still the T dial, it gives the watch the true character of the Panerai essence.

In the meantime I found home the okd catalogue from 2005 with the special editions and there is a photo inside of the PAM225 with L SWISS MADE L dial, probably it was a prototype since the caseback photo doesn’t even have the serial number.

Photos (incl. lume shot which is pretty strong on the rep)