• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3D printed Rolex gaskets

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
Certain Rolex parts are quite hard to find (bezel parts for example). My good friend LarryZek had a DSSD with a gen bezel but the gasket got buggered so there was no way to install it. We looked all over for replacements, contacted some parts guys, and no one could come through. So I tried 3D printing a replacement and sure enough, it worked great! Bezel is holding strong and still rotates smoothly.

626e0678dca5a36fcc8ccfe01f8c4501.jpg
19479f35755bd98cae39288471600ea1.jpg
29deac129c9a5ff0f962cf0490b843d2.jpg

Pretty proud of this repair so I figured I’d share :)

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
I had to draw it out on Fusion3D. Don't remember the exact specs but they're in the CAD file. Took a few tries to get it right. Printed with regular PLA in my resin printer. Next time I'd use white just to be a little more true to the actual part.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I had to draw it out on Fusion3D. Don't remember the exact specs but they're in the CAD file. Took a few tries to get it right. Printed with regular PLA in my resin printer. Next time I'd use white just to be a little more true to the actual part.

Mega cool bro. You've unlocked a gate to new frontiers. Well done!

Reactions: Tickleshoes

MIke1438

Looking Around
31/3/20
I were searching for Rolex gaskets on Top 3D model finder, but I couldn't find it. Do you consider adding it to thingiverse, so it becomes searchable? However, while searching, I found a bunch of STL watch parts that might be useful for further 3D printing projects. Hope it can help.

alpaca9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/18
Tickleshoes Did you use an FDM or SLA (UV cured resin) printer? You mentioned using PLA (which is FDM) but you also said you used a resin printer (which is SLA)? I'm curious because SLA will probably be much more precise but I assume the resin would also be brittle

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
Tickleshoes Did you use an FDM or SLA (UV cured resin) printer? You mentioned using PLA (which is FDM) but you also said you used a resin printer (which is SLA)? I'm curious because SLA will probably be much more precise but I assume the resin would also be brittle

I have a UV resin printer. PLA is not just filament. It’s the type of plastic used and is also available as resin, which is what I used. Not brittle.

Reactions: alpaca9

Vester71

Known Member
9/11/10
This is awesome.

I shot you a pm, but are you willing to sell any gaskets?

I’d love to buy one or two to have before needing one becomes an issue.