• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need CONUS Watchmaker to Service Rep 16550

M4968(2)

Known Member
6/9/16
Atlanta, Georgia USA
I have a rep 16550 Explorer II with the beautiful cream dial. Unfortunately, she’s stopped running and I have no idea why. I removed the case back just to take a look and the rotor moves freely. That’s the full extent of my skills so I need someone who knows what they are doing to take a look at it.

Any CONUS volunteers or recommendations? I suppose that I would be sending it out to get a repair estimate and we can go from there. I really like the watch so I hope that’s not beyond saving.

I also have a cheapie gen pre-TAG Heuer quartz that needs the movement swapped. I have a new movement ready to go so I may ask that that be done at the same time depending on the cost.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide. I am constantly amazed at the level of watch knowledge on this forum...

Sent from the RWI mobile app

M4968(2)

Known Member
6/9/16
Atlanta, Georgia USA
Thanks for the clarification. Honestly I’m not sure. I’ll need to look up what the chs is and compare to what I have. I can do that in the morning. I can try to post pics as well.

Sent from my iPad using RWI

M4968(2)

Known Member
6/9/16
Atlanta, Georgia USA
Sorry for the late reply, I just got around to looking at this. It appears that I have the ICHS. My Explorer II goes from top to bottom Second, Minute, Hour, GMT.

The watch is completely stopped at the moment. The rotor turns as does the crown for hind-winding but the movement won't start. I love this thing and really want to get it up and running.

Are there any recommendations for CONUS RWI friendly watchmakers who could I could contact for service?

M4968(2)

Known Member
6/9/16
Atlanta, Georgia USA
I'm an idiot, I am comfortable admitting it so my guess may be stupid but is it possible that it is a crown\stem issue? I'm thinking that maybe it's not seating all the way in to engage the movement? Of course, even if that is the issue, I wouldn't know how to fix it. :frusty: