• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movement problem AP diver...pretty strange-help needed

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
Hi everybody,
I had to remove my divers movement to set the hands new as they did not align well . After I did the work I had problems to put the stem back into the movement and I thought it was a keyless issue.
i disassembled the keyless mechanism put in the crown and stem and everything worked as it should.
i wanted to put the movement back into its case and released the stem from the movement (red screwdriver) as soon as I put the movement into the movement holder and the case movement stops running and stem does not click in...when I take it out everything is fine.... what the hell am I doing wrong? Any help is highly appreciated:)

thanks Fredl

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Did you press the hands down fully? Could be contacting the underside of the crystal

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
Did you press the hands down fully? Could be contacting the underside of the crystal

I’ll have to check but that would not explain why the stem does not click in the movement....

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
Did you set the stop lever in correct position when you reset the keyless?

I think so as all functions worked (time and datesetting as well as winding) before I removed the stem again to put the movement in the case....

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I think you should check it anyway. Maybe it's bent or something this don't allow you to press the stem back and also is stoping the movement.

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
I think you should check it anyway. Maybe it's bent or something this don't allow you to press the stem back and also is stoping the movement.

I‘ll do so :)

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
problem solved....the movement holder was the problem .... it did not sit proper in the case and caused the problem....

thanks for your hints!

Reactions: KJ2020