• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to thin your royal oak

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Sure if you call making an entire clone movement easy... don't vsf just make omegas with clone movements? Ill stick to case back thinning for now man. Seems like pretty random input that they can make a watch, they’re a watch factory i expect they can!

I see you are not used to Repworld useless contribution to the forum, well, now you are ;)

Reactions: Nivka and BIONONE

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I see you are not used to Repworld useless contribution to the forum, well, now you are ;)

Oh ive seen it, just even more frustrating when its your own thread hes talking bollocks on! I mean r factory could make it if they put their mind to it, not sure how that relates though!

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Oh ive seen it, just even more frustrating when its your own thread hes talking bollocks on! I mean r factory could make it if they put their mind to it, not sure how that relates though!

If I got the tools, knowledge, materials and time, I could make it too, don't know why you are so negative ... :giggle:

Reactions: Dr Fun Socks

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
If I got the tools, knowledge, materials and time, I could make it too, don't know why you are so negative ... :giggle:

I dont doubt you mate! Due for 2020 realese, the glaude3120. Get in line people! Also in summer 2020 the dr fun socks edition (closer to gen size but +/- 86,400 seconds per day. And yes thats 24 whole hours for the mathematically challenged!) will be out, but its made of lego so have your molotov paint pens at the ready!

Reactions: BIONONE and Glaude

Naughtylus

18/4/19
I dont doubt you mate! Due for 2020 realese, the glaude3120. Get in line people! Also in summer 2020 the dr fun socks edition (closer to gen size but +/- 86,400 seconds per day. And yes thats 24 whole hours for the mathematically challenged!) will be out, but its made of lego so have your molotov paint pens at the ready!

Before I got to the (+/- 86,400 sec) I thought you’re going to release a gen Dr. Fun socks as an accessories to accompany your thin cases hahahahahahahaha. Yes, going to pm you about the frosted, sir!

Sent from the RWI App

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
A question to the experts here, in *theory× is it possible to get to 15202 gen thickness with the current movements available?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
A question to the experts here, in *theory× is it possible to get to 15202 gen thickness with the current movements available?

Edit: im going with no i dont think so. Possibly if you take the deco plate and rotor out but definitely not without these drastic changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: csthe

Regal

Horology Curious
6/9/19
Great work DFS. I've got the OMF version of this piece, would the case back fit it?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Great work DFS. I've got the OMF version of this piece, would the case back fit it?

Judging by hanski’s excellent comparison thread, id say yes the cases look very similar in construction. In reality though, if the PCD of the screws on the case back is even 0.2mm bigger it wont just be a straight swap. Only way to find out is to try it! The other problem with a pre made piece is the rotor clearance could be different on an omf. If you want me to have a look at it send me a pm.

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Nice tutorial, wouldn't risk it myself but anyway top knotch post!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Nice tutorial, wouldn't risk it myself but anyway top knotch post!

Honestly there’s not really much risk involved. If you know how to operate a lathe and happen to own one your pretty much set. Id rather do this 10 times than service a movement, but i guess its all about what your comfortable doing! Glad you enjoyed the post though :)

Reactions: SHB