• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to thin your royal oak

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Ah crap, I thought you were in the US :p seems all the watch fixers are over there. Domi, slaughtered,... Shipping back and forth and being subject to European customs is a downer. Of course, I'm in Hawaii and shipping or being shipped anything can be ass pain.... Except stuff from China! Zero issues with getting watches.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Vsf clone movement the only way..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Vsf clone movement the only way..

Vsf make a movement for the 15400? If this thread has proved nothing else im sure its proved its doable! Many others have done the same man!

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Vsf make a movement for the 15400? If this thread has proved nothing else im sure its proved its doable! Many others have done the same man!

No there’s no 15400 VSF ,but they can do it easily..

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
No there’s no 15400 VSF ,but they can do it easily..

Sure if you call making an entire clone movement easy... don't vsf just make omegas with clone movements? Ill stick to case back thinning for now man. Seems like pretty random input that they can make a watch, they’re a watch factory i expect they can!

Reactions: KJ2020 and Nivka

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
So to anyone who is interested, I've heard back from intime and they want $88 per case back! Also i can only order one at a time so i have to add in postage and fees on top of that. Might be a case of one in one out at those prices. If there is enough interest ill bite the bullet and buy one to have as an ‘in stock’ item but i will need your case backs in return unless you want to add at least $88 to the cost price. Ive had the thumbs up from the boss on this now so its green lighted. Shoot me a pm if your interested.

Reactions: Nivka

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Ok so toro is knocking them out at $50 a piece so ive ordered 4. God knows how long that will take to come but as of now the price will be £100 for the work if you return your case back to me, and £150 if you want to keep both your case back and the one i machine down.

Reactions: Nivka and asanibal

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Ok so toro is knocking them out at $50 a piece so ive ordered 4. God knows how long that will take to come but as of now the price will be £100 for the work if you return your case back to me, and £150 if you want to keep both your case back and the one i machine down.

Can you do it also in a BP 15300?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Can you do it also in a BP 15300?

I mean its a different case back. Id have to machine up a whole set of jigs for it and i might struggle to be able to get a replacement if it all went wrong. Also cant guarantee how much ill be able to skim off the case back but still clear the rotor. How thick is the watch?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Should get 4 preorders mate before placing the $200 order out of pocket!

Yeah i should but i cant really start a sales thread for something i dont have! Its a gamble but thats life. Why do you want one ;)

Reactions: SuperLory

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
My only AP is a SS diver and it’s caseback is already shaved, was just saying so you don’t get stuck with casebacks. Have anyone interested PM you and put their name down in a list for caseback #1 etc., don’t take payment until you’ve completed the work and are ready to send it out. I just liked the idea of someone doing this for the general public like this, could work very well.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
My only AP is a SS diver and it’s caseback is already shaved, was just saying so you don’t get stuck with casebacks. Have anyone interested PM you and put their name down in a list for caseback #1 etc., don’t take payment until you’ve completed the work and are ready to send it out. I just liked the idea of someone doing this for the general public like this, could work very well.

I was just messing mate! I get its a risk. No one has specifically expressed interest. Worse case im $200 out of pocket. I guess if I advertise the finished product in the ap section, not just a guide that’s completely unfeasible to 99.9% of people, more people will want it. If not, shit happens! I just think its better to have something to send to people if they do want it. I appreciate your input though man!

Last edited:
Reactions: asanibal

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
I mean its a different case back. Id have to machine up a whole set of jigs for it and i might struggle to be able to get a replacement if it all went wrong. Also cant guarantee how much ill be able to skim off the case back but still clear the rotor. How thick is the watch?

b49af303b16a8e94658a62041b606909.jpg
7dd6e90d4df81556984f0aaeefb36d0e.jpg

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

I say its probably do able, if you have the kit crack on. For me, id have to machine a whole new set of fixtures to hold it etc as the sizes will nearly definitely be different. What size is the crystal on the back? Might get lucky!

Naughtylus

18/4/19
What!!!??? Now we can get the #1 post watch?? Can I get the glittered one?? Hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
What!!!??? Now we can get the #1 post watch?? Can I get the glittered one?? Hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Sure, to you special price, $1,000,000! Honestly though i dont wear it, if your interested let me know and ill make a sales thread.

G123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/19
Fantastic work!!!