• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC V6 Kermit A2824 date wont change!!!

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Hey fellas!

I need help! My beloved Kermit date wheel wont engage when using quickset function. It works fine and changes at midnight during normal use.

Here’s the video.

https://vimeo.com/364468532

I havn’t crack it open yet as I need my game plan before doing so.

any comments is much appreciated!

also - this watch is not for sale! Haha

Last edited:

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Your date corrector is not engaging properly. Could be a keyless issue. If your stem is clicking into position 2 with no problem, then the date corrector teeth may be worn. Or your minute bridge arm anchoring the date corrector down has weakened. I've also had one (a GMT with dual function corrector) where the mainplate was worn down underneath the date corrector and I never got that one to work again. Less likely, but also possible you have a broken or worn tooth or teeth on your DW.

See pics for your suspected parts, ignore the other parts in the pics as they pertain to other movements.

Zpk8i.jpg

Parts can be replaced easily enough. The minute bridge arm can be bent down carefully to try increasing the pressure on the date corrector.

Reactions: mp1mancini

Cully

Renowned Member
29/5/18
UK
also - this watch is not for sale! Haha

shame I would have bought it

seriously I had the same issue , my local guy fixed it , something wasn’t engaging correctly, did it while I waited.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlphaProt

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Thanks man! I’ll bring out my x12 loupe and have a real close look!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bc1221

30/4/14
All the issues mentioned above but another thing could be... your overlay got loose. Watching the video looks like they could be it. Does the datewheel click when you use the quick set like it changed?

The overlays I’ve taken off on some of these seems to be stuck on there with pretty much a glue stick of Elmer’s. I would also check the teeth on the datewheel (you should be able to tell on this if it makes a strange almost grinding sound) as well as make sure the springs for quick set to make sure it is set correctly on the datewheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Found the problem. It’s the datewheel spring!

Damn this little sucker. Couldn’t find the part for it so I changed to gen ETA 2824 and transferred the TC cannon pinion and datewheel over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
See pics for your suspected parts, ignore the other parts in the pics as they pertain to other movements.

KJ2020 THANK YOU for that pic. I have a completely different problem :D trying to identify the date corrector wheel and this is it.

Reactions: KJ2020