• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Release Miyota 0S21 Movment

Anar

Horology Curious
20/9/19
Hi,

I try to release the movement from the case, i pulled out the crown but the movement is still locked in the case.
Any ideas what im missing out?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
post a picture

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
that should just lift out at this point , you might have to push the abs for the pushers in , try a blob of rodico to get a grip on the movement

i hope this is not one of those you need to remove the bezel and extract out the front , that would suck

Last edited:

Anar

Horology Curious
20/9/19
that should just lift out at this point , you might have to push the abs for the pushers in , try a blob of rodico to get a grip on the movement

i hope this is not one of those you need to remove the bezel and extract out the front , that would suck

i could rotate the movement inside the case, when i rotate it, the dial goes round with the movement together, it seems that the dial and the movement are
contacted in some way and that's the reason i could not release the movement

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
i could rotate the movement inside the case, when i rotate it, the dial goes round with the movement together, it seems that the dial and the movement are
contacted in some way and that's the reason i could not release the movement

then it might come out the front ....you might want to take it or send it to a smith

Anar

Horology Curious
20/9/19
then it might come out the front ....you might want to take it or send it to a smith

mmm, dont think its worth it, i think i will just leave it and throw away..

thank's for the help

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
mmm, dont think its worth it, i think i will just leave it and throw away..

thank's for the help

Well if you are going to trash it , try to get the bezel off your self , you might damage it , but we will at least know whats up , in case any one else comes across this ...

Anar

Horology Curious
20/9/19
Well if you are going to trash it , try to get the bezel off your self , you might damage it , but we will at least know whats up , in case any one else comes across this ...

any ideas how to take the bezel off? just push it out with force?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
any ideas how to take the bezel off? just push it out with force?

id try to slide a case knife under it and pry it off , put the knife in a plastic bag to not scratch things , you might get lucky ...