• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Navitimer - unable to set time

Tbird330

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/18
Washington state
Ive cross-posted this in the Breitling forum but thought I would try here also. I’ve just received my BP Navitimer from MarvelousReplica. It looks great but unfortunately I am unable to set the time. The GMT hand moves independently of the hour/minute hands when turning the crown counter-clockwise in both positions. The date advances forward in both crown positions when rotated clockwise. I’m guessing the crown isn’t engaging the ability to change the time.

I’ve emailed Marvelous but am not really sure where to go from here. Any ideas? Is there a way to reset the crown stem or is this likely an issue within the movement itself?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
There are a couple things you can do, but that would require you opening the case back. If you are able and comfortable with that, you can try removing and resetting the crown and stem.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tbird330

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/18
Washington state
There are a couple things you can do, but that would require you opening the case back. If you are able and comfortable with that, you can try removing and resetting the crown and stem.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thanks for the reply. I’ve done it before on another watch. I’m not sure of proper procedure though. What position do I set the crown before removing it? Do I need to push the tab/button down when reinserting it?

My research tells me winding position and do press the release when inserting?

Last edited: