• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Releasing 2824-2 Automatic Movement

vairish

Horology Curious
18/3/19
Hey guys,

So I recently got a Breitling Superocean. Gorgeous watch but due to the slight angle of the QC pics I didn't notice the watch face is misaligned by around one degree:

20190917-162935.jpg

I'm trying to figure out if I can release the movement to see if I can rotate it that tiny amount to get it perfect. I've opened the watch but I'm not to sure where to go from here:

20190917-162437.jpg

I've removed the three visible screws but that didn't seem to do anything? For such a slight adjustment, would I need to remove the stem?

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
You should be able to turn the movement with the tabs off. If you remove the 3 outer screws and gets the tabs out (may not even need to remove the tabs but screws definitely).

once they’re removed you should be able to turn the movement slightly in either direction. Just get a pair of tweezers, hold the movement holder with one and and slightly turn the movement with the tweezers. I would recommend bronze tweezers so it doesn’t scratch the movement.

from looking at the space you have on either side of the stem, that should be enough room to align the dial.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If your stem is even the slightest bit long it will offer resistance to rotating the movement. Keep in mind that proper stem position is of much greater importance functionally than dial alignment. A crooked stem can introduce crown threading, stem breaking, and keyless issues.