• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch services - www.watchmakerusa.com

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
I think I need to send this exact same piece to you for a movement cleaning. Out of the city for now (COVID), but I’ll connect again when I’m back. Hope you’re holding strong in NJ.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I think I need to send this exact same piece to you for a movement cleaning. Out of the city for now (COVID), but I’ll connect again when I’m back. Hope you’re holding strong in NJ.

I'm doing good so far. Few cases around me but I'm really careful. Hopefully this will pass soon.

Btw I just checked this is ARF Rolex OP 114300 "red grape"

​​​​​​Stay safe

Paulbsiny

Known Member
Certified
28/2/20
I have this one from ARF with grey dial. Currently in the shop having movement serviced.

Reactions: Oascom

dewie1975

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/18
Looks good! Looking forward to seeing how mine turns out, hopefully soon.

dewie1975

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/18
Looks awesome!! You do great work man!! Everything I get going forward is going straight to you immediately for the oascom treatment!

Eledhwen

28/2/17
thanks to oascom I love my navitimer now! I was not happy with a sunken date wheel and it was an eye sore. He also noted some dirt on the dial and lubed the rotor. Great communication and a super fast turnaround - from the moment I shipped the watch and got it back it took like 8 days. But shipping time aside the actual work took only 1 day.

The crystal and dial look stunning now and date wheel is not bugging me anymore! it is a must have mod for this watch!

Hey man may I ask from who and what version is this navitimer? Want one too!

Drthomk

Horology Curious
8/9/18
Rollie for a "moving hands when I bump the watch" problem.

tightened the hand tubes and fixed some indices on the dial that came lose.

awesome job fixing my favorite! Thank you! Great work, great communication. I appreciate your time and expertise!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Omega with broken stem and movemet for new Movement swap:

This watch is a story of its own.

For those who might wonder, this is an older Omega Aqua Terra 2500 rep that I got from next door with an extra gen dial (now installed). I sent it to Pat to get some work done. The stem was rusted it snapped and the short part of the stem was stuck in the rep crown. I sourced a gen ETA stem for Pat and had it sent to him.

After trying to remedy the rep crown, we decided to find a replacement crown. After a few hair-pulling hours, I finally found a gen crown. The problem with Omegas, as many of you will know, is that to find gen parts you must know the case number, not the model reference. These numbers are found inside the caseback and obviously an older rep wouldn't have it. It just so happens that during my hair-pulling search, I found someone that had just had their gen model serviced by Omega and they posted a picture of the invoice where it said the case number. Eureka! 168.1111! I found a list for parts under this case number and found the crown part number.

After a quick part number search, there was a used gen crown on eBay. The only one listed. I bought it without thinking twice.

Pat received it and did his magic. He had to mod the movement holder. Anything to make it fit. It worked. It screwed in perfectly.

He then began to work on the movement, and as you can see, it had some bad parts. The new question was, new clone or new Gen ETA?

Well... gen dial + gen crown? Gen ETA.

Pat advised on what to buy and gave me his green light when I found one that was reasonably priced and stated to be new.

This is the end result. I dunno how he does it but I send him a watch looking one way and he returns it looking like a million bucks.

Pat's my #1!

Thanks Pat!

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
This watch is a story of its own.

For those who might wonder, this is an older Omega Aqua Terra 2500 rep that I got from next door with an extra gen dial (now installed). I sent it to Pat to get some work done. The stem was rusted it snapped and the short part of the stem was stuck in the rep crown. I sourced a gen ETA stem for Pat and had it sent to him.

After trying to remedy the rep crown, we decided to find a replacement crown. After a few hair-pulling hours, I finally found a gen crown. The problem with Omegas, as many of you will know, is that to find gen parts you must know the case number, not the model reference. These numbers are found inside the caseback and obviously an older rep wouldn't have it. It just so happens that during my hair-pulling search, I found someone that had just had their gen model serviced by Omega and they posted a picture of the invoice where it said the case number. Eureka! 168.1111! I found a list for parts under this case number and found the crown part number.

After a quick part number search, there was a used gen crown on eBay. The only one listed. I bought it without thinking twice.

Pat received it and did his magic. He had to mod the movement holder. Anything to make it fit. It worked. It screwed in perfectly.

He then began to work on the movement, and as you can see, it had some bad parts. The new question was, new clone or new Gen ETA?

Well... gen dial + gen crown? Gen ETA.

Pat advised on what to buy and gave me his green light when I found one that was reasonably priced and stated to be new.

This is the end result. I dunno how he does it but I send him a watch looking one way and he returns it looking like a million bucks.

Pat's my #1!

Thanks Pat!

Thank you Gabe! Appreciate the feedback :)

Reactions: mclarendude

Reps R Us

Horology Curious
5/9/19
Hi can anyone recommend me some1 to repair my watches have omega. I don't mind shipping them. I waited over 6 months but no response this is my last attempt or just going to bin the lot. Thx

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Hi can anyone recommend me some1 to repair my watches have omega. I don't mind shipping them. I waited over 6 months but no response this is my last attempt or just going to bin the lot. Thx

... you're commenting on a thread of one of our watchmakers (@oascom), maybe try sending him a message.

Reactions: dewie1975