• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch services - www.watchmakerusa.com

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Pat just completed work for me on two watches and I must say, he is first rate! Watches came out better than I expected and I am very happy with them. This one was in the thread earlier, but this was a very beat up rescued TC LV that he had to completely tear down to rebuild. It looks awesome now! It now has the nice blend of age showing on the bezel to the clean lines and polish of careful wear on the SS components that I wanted. Running smooth after the complete movement service. Fantastic communication and very quick turnaround (plus patient with my barrage of questions I posed to him!). Now to have him work some magic on Seawolf(s)!

:)

6813313-E-EEEF-4880-B061-6-A9814-A89-F08.jpg

573-A23-D8-85-DC-4899-908-F-07100-D7-FCC71.jpg

A40-C577-F-8-A99-47-D9-B6-E0-F034-ECABD299.jpg

171920-DC-B66-B-4-C95-B233-C41-E577-C8-E0-F.jpg

Reactions: Oascom

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Pat just completed work for me on two watches and I must say, he is first rate! Watches came out better than I expected and I am very happy with them. This one was in the thread earlier, but this was a very beat up rescued TC LV that he had to completely tear down to rebuild. It looks awesome now! It now has the nice blend of age showing on the bezel to the clean lines and polish of careful wear on the SS components that I wanted. Running smooth after the complete movement service. Fantastic communication and very quick turnaround (plus patient with my barrage of questions I posed to him!). Now to have him work some magic on Seawolf(s)!

:)

6813313-E-EEEF-4880-B061-6-A9814-A89-F08.jpg

573-A23-D8-85-DC-4899-908-F-07100-D7-FCC71.jpg

A40-C577-F-8-A99-47-D9-B6-E0-F034-ECABD299.jpg

171920-DC-B66-B-4-C95-B233-C41-E577-C8-E0-F.jpg

Awesome ! Yeah this watch was beat up really hard... Idk why would someone treat it so bad, it's such a beauty.

Wear it in good health!

Thanks

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Is that a noob 127? I have one and it looks like the same thing happened. The micrometer screw fell out and it’s bouncing around inside 5e case. It actually appears to be a problem. I saw someone posted one in the sales thread that didn’t have a micrometer screw so I looked at mine and noticed it didn’t have one either.

Someone else posted that theirs didn’t either and we went back to look at our QC pics and we all had them in there but they rocked out pretty easily.

I started a thread and I think a few other people popped up with the same problem.

ETA: when I say “it seems to be a problem”, I mean it is an issue that seems to be reoccurring with this model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, just reading this thread... what is the micrometer screw? Tried to find out, no luck??

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19

Can’t say enough about Oascom - have sent several watches to him for service and always does great work and returns them in a timely fashion. Would highly recommend to anyone in conus. He even swapped movements and dials for me out of a busted carbon case into a fresh ss one, polished everything up and sent back good as new.

Sent from the RWI App

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Can’t say enough about Oascom - have sent several watches to him for service and always does great work and returns them in a timely fashion. Would highly recommend to anyone in conus. He even swapped movements and dials for me out of a busted carbon case into a fresh ss one, polished everything up and sent back good as new.

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks mate appreciate kind words :)

​​​​​​

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Sorry, just reading this thread... what is the micrometer screw? Tried to find out, no luck??

a3237cb61bfcfc8d5c6634b1dea7a42e.jpg
1ba0ecef3cc5de4e97664c1cb951e4c0.jpg

Here it is in my QC pics and here it is a few days later. Or here it isn’t. See the red circle. It’s purely decorative which sucks considering how much it can gum up the works.

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
I sent a JF 15400 to Patryk aka Oascom for a service among other things. He was fast and provided pictures along the way. I recommend him for any service, mod, or repair just because he isn't a black box. He is very responsive and cares for watches like his own.

Applicator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/19
I just want to share my experience of dealing with oascom

I wanted to do a more detailed review but I won't be able to do it currently.

I've never had any experience with rep watch prior so when I did pull the trigger on buying my first, let's just say I had a TON of questions. He was very patient and basically answered every single question I threw his way and was also very responsive with short delays between responses. This was quite amazing considering many of my questions could be considered "stupid" from his perspective but not once did he make me feel that I was wasting his time even if he hasn't even serviced anything for me.

When my watch finally arrived from my TD, I promptly shipped it to him and he did a full teardown service as well as pressure testing my watch. I did tell him not to pressure test it yet since I was planning on having a Prof crystal installed on it so even if I did cover the additional test cost, he basically have me credit towards the next service for the honest mistake. Once my watch arrived, it wasn't working and completely full of humidity so I contacted him immediately. He was again, very responsive so I knew that what ever caused this issue, he will get to the bottom of it with me and not just disappear or ignore my messages for my now non-working watch.

I sent the watch back to him and he then realized the cause which is a weak gasket + one of the screw holes was stripped which caused a slight leak during his pressure test and it didn't show signs of the issue until it was delivered to me.

Anyone thinking of having him service your watches shouldn't have doubts as his pricing is fair and he has a 1 day turnaround unless told otherwise. He also backs his work as he even offered to cover half the cost to order a new watch if mine turned out to be irreparable even before I had sent it back to him to troubleshoot.

A+ service and amazing communication and would 100% recommend

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
This Beauty arrived back to me in pristine condition as always from Oascom!

Total turn around was a whopping 4 days!! and that includes weekends!

Does amazing job and most of all, his prices are very reasonable compared to other modders I've dealt with in the past.

If you're in CONUS and needs any service on your rep, hit oascom a pm!

You will be glad that you did! I guarantee it! ;)

Gmt Pepsi for gen crystal installation
2kJFi.jpg

Last edited:

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
This Beauty arrived back to me in pristine condition as always from Oascom!

Total turn around was a whopping 4 days!! and that includes weekends!

Does amazing job and most of all, his prices are very reasonable compared to other modders I've dealt with in the past.

If you're in CONUS and needs any service on your rep, hit oascom a pm!

You will be glad that you did! I guarantee it! ;)

Thanks guys :):) really appreciate it.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Andrew0

Known Member
8/1/17
Sweden
How much do u take to service s watch? Sub with ETA 2824-2 what I remember

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI