• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch services - www.watchmakerusa.com

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
Breitling navitimer for some custom dw work. Rising the dw closer to the window.

Before and after:

thanks to oascom I love my navitimer now! I was not happy with a sunken date wheel and it was an eye sore. He also noted some dirt on the dial and lubed the rotor. Great communication and a super fast turnaround - from the moment I shipped the watch and got it back it took like 8 days. But shipping time aside the actual work took only 1 day.

The crystal and dial look stunning now and date wheel is not bugging me anymore! it is a must have mod for this watch!

Reactions: Oascom

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
thanks to oascom I love my navitimer now! I was not happy with a sunken date wheel and it was an eye sore. He also noted some dirt on the dial and lubed the rotor. Great communication and a super fast turnaround - from the moment I shipped the watch and got it back it took like 8 days. But shipping time aside the actual work took only 1 day.

The crystal and dial look stunning now and date wheel is not bugging me anymore! it is a must have mod for this watch!

Thanks mate for kind words, I'm glad you like it.

If you need anything let me know.

Last edited:

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Poor gmt for service and fixing what other "watchmaker" couldn't fix.

Did someone seriously now see the giant piece of (I’m guessing) a movement tab sitting on the balance wheel? Holy crap.

BTW, what polishing compound do you use? The polishing work I’m seeing here is Fucking amazing! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Did someone seriously now see the giant piece of (I’m guessing) a movement tab sitting on the balance wheel? Holy crap.

BTW, what polishing compound do you use? The polishing work I’m seeing here is Fucking amazing! :eek:

Yeah you are right lol....

I use dialux and polinoxx

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Yeah you are right lol....

I use dialux and polinoxx

Sweet! I need to buy some of those. I’ve been using jewelers polish and it always leaves hairline scratches. Been looking for a better polishing compound.

Thanks!

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Sweet! I need to buy some of those. I’ve been using jewelers polish and it always leaves hairline scratches. Been looking for a better polishing compound.

Thanks!

I think it's more about preparation of your buffing / polishing wheels than compound you use. Clean your work area, ultrasonic clean items before and after, also steam cleaning helps too. Package all your wheels in separate containers, even washing your hands so that no buffing compound touches your polishing wheel ... ;P

reptime101

15/9/18
unbelievable work, you don't skip a step! love the pictures and your setup. oascom did you go to some sort of horology school or did you learn on your own?

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
unbelievable work, you don't skip a step! love the pictures and your setup. oascom did you go to some sort of horology school or did you learn on your own?

Nah I'm pretty new to all this, learning as I go. Read a tooooon. Got a lot of books and this forum is just amazing.
plus I'm pretty handy with tools etc and learn quickly.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Rollie for gen DW installation as an overlay.

One day turnaround and from now on every watch I send back will be packed up carefully with nice packing so that the watch is securely send back.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Nah I'm pretty new to all this, learning as I go. Read a tooooon. Got a lot of books and this forum is just amazing.
plus I'm pretty handy with tools etc and learn quickly.

Learning on other peoples watches - that's a risky business.

Mr_Jon

Horology Curious
30/9/19
Rollie for gen DW installation as an overlay.

One day turnaround and from now on every watch I send back will be packed up carefully with nice packing so that the watch is securely send back.

Hey, that's my watch! haha.. It looks awesome man. Really appreciate the pictures and the attention to detail. Can't wait to get it back :)

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Hey, that's my watch! haha.. It looks awesome man. Really appreciate the pictures and the attention to detail. Can't wait to get it back :)

You very welcome, watch is on your way now. Let me know when you get it.

Thanks mate

john45

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/18
Sonoma
I just received my ZF Tudor GMT back from Patryk after a service with some new parts. Very happy with the transaction and watch condition.

Five stars!