• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch services - www.watchmakerusa.com

Darkness5.0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/20
Haha.... Soooo take another one.
VnrfL.jpg
VnCZv.jpg
Vn6US.jpg
Vn8QQ.jpg
VnBhR.jpg
VnQn8.jpg
VnluK.jpg
VnPI1.jpg
VnXx4.jpg
VnkWI.jpg
VnTdj.jpg
Vnunb.jpg
VnwQc.jpg
Vn4fX.jpg
Vns2i.jpg
Vnvup.jpg

Awesome.. PM sent Oascom

DOHCPOWER

Horology Curious
27/5/17
This topic is ever relevant.

I bought 2 x GMT’s a few weeks ago. Noob V10 and a GMF V3.

I didn’t use them at all until I had them checked out and fully serviced by a watchmaker.

The GMF V3 has just been completed by the watchmaker. Whilst the watch appeared to be running great, upon inspection the SH3135 movement was ‘flooded’ with oil, and two of the jewels were actually cracked.

The watchmaker tells me the cracked jewels were an accident waiting to happen, and would have potentially destroyed the movement had they fallen apart in use.

I have had the movement fully stripped, cleaned, rebuilt with new (and higher quality) jewels, etc

The watch is now running perfectly in all respects and at least I have piece of mind that it’s all good for the time being.

So yes, even if you buy one of the ‘better’ Reps, spend some money and get it serviced/stripped before you use it!

I also took the stripdown opportunity to fit the correct height Clark sapphire crystal and Clark gasket, plus lowering the hands to achieve Gen hands and crystal height. A Noob V10 bracelet was also fitted at the same time as this is more Gen feeling than the GMF.

Additionally, O-rings were changed and silicone grease added, caseback properly tightened to improve waterproofing.

A few simple things to ensure reliability, usability and also eliminating the only obvious cosmetic issue with the GMF V3, which is the crystal height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to know your watchmakers contct.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Pat is the king of receiving the over oiled movements.

Reactions: Oascom