• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch services - www.watchmakerusa.com

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Other side of where the magic happens :)

I wish I could have a work bench... but, I have an apartment. And three very curious cats.

I have a cabinet with some of my watch parts and tools, and they'll take every little opportunity to jump right in. I love em, but they're assholes lol.
HTML:

If I had me a nice work station such as yours, I'm pretty sure "curiosity" really would kill the cat, as they say.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
arrrggg! the blasted bezel gasket...on my Noob V5 I thought I would replace it, but as I found out...and stated here in RWI...there is no 1 to 1 replacement. I have bought from Topwatch and WSO...now reselling them on fleabay...

btw, I think I can salvage my original, it is not as bad as that!

Reactions: Oascom

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
arrrggg! the blasted bezel gasket...on my Noob V5 I thought I would replace it, but as I found out...and stated here in RWI...there is no 1 to 1 replacement. I have bought from Topwatch and WSO...now reselling them on fleabay...

btw, I think I can salvage my original, it is not as bad as that!

Yes i reused this one. Cut of the bad portion, you can even make two parts out of it. But it's hard to press in so you need to tape it to hold it in place.

Previous "modder" did that and also broke the insert. And left smudges on the inside of the crystal.

Kruska33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/19
France
2824 CHS gmt service

And Rollie for bezel fix and Waterproof test.

HI, beautifull work place lovely stuff.

do you know the inner diameter of the bezel and the outer insert diameter ?and what factory is it ? :thanks:

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
HI, beautifull work place lovely stuff.

do you know the inner diameter of the bezel and the outer insert diameter ?and what factory is it ? :thanks:

Sorry i don't and this watch has been shipped back already.

I could try to measure next time if I have any for insert / crystal work if you are interested

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Pam with a moisture problem. Does that mean some weather got inside the case? Which means the bronze hands and indices have been exposed. They might start to develop some unwanted patina for the owner.

It looks like there is a little little bit started already. Maybe you should suggest some additional work of trying to clean all the patina off those internal bronze accents. Just a suggestion. Something I'd like on my watch.

Did you take the bezel off my any chance? I'm curious to see this done on a submersible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Pam with a moisture problem. Does that mean some weather got inside the case? Which means the bronze hands and indices have been exposed. They might start to develop some unwanted patina for the owner.

It looks like there is a little little bit started already. Maybe you should suggest some additional work of trying to clean all the patina off those internal bronze accents. Just a suggestion. Something I'd like on my watch.

Did you take the bezel off my any chance? I'm curious to see this done on a submersible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I did not take the bezel off on that one. Yeah as you can see the dial even had some "bubbles" starting to show. Put it on a dryer and luckily was able to save it.

Hands does show sligh patina we will see how it develop over time

Reactions: Hazing