• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch services - www.watchmakerusa.com

Atlas2020

Horology Curious
13/2/20
Oascom did a project on my submariner, the results were great. He proved to be honest and a true master at his craft. He helped source parts, gave me a fair price, and delivered a beautiful time piece. I Stand up a guy and truly excellent smith.

Reactions: Oascom

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Oascom did a project on my submariner, the results were great. He proved to be honest and a true master at his craft. He helped source parts, gave me a fair price, and delivered a beautiful time piece. I Stand up a guy and truly excellent smith.

Thank you for kind words :) enjoy it and wear it in good health.

Samgobigs

11/2/20
Thanks for this post. I was thinking the same thing... I.e servicing my watch as soon as I get it. I’m considering the 5711 PPF V3 and also the Rolex Submariner Hulk ZZF V2S as my first purchase.

Just a few questions about actually how to go ahead with it:

- do I just approach my local watch smith and request a service? I suppose it’s reasonable to disclose it’s a rep so he’s aware. If he asks what specifically needs to be serviced, do I mention a general clean or is there something else to request?

- if the watch has the 9015 Miyota movement, do I request it be silenced? I’ve read a few posts that this is a noisy movement.

- I’ve read a few posts of a few members in this community who does servicing for other members? Can someone post the link? I’ve been trying to find it, but not having much luck. Preferably someone who works out of Winnipeg, but if not preferably someone in Canada (don’t want to deal with the watch crossing borders).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Thanks for this post. I was thinking the same thing... I.e servicing my watch as soon as I get it. I’m considering the 5711 PPF V3 and also the Rolex Submariner Hulk ZZF V2S as my first purchase.

Just a few questions about actually how to go ahead with it:

- do I just approach my local watch smith and request a service? I suppose it’s reasonable to disclose it’s a rep so he’s aware. If he asks what specifically needs to be serviced, do I mention a general clean or is there something else to request?

- if the watch has the 9015 Miyota movement, do I request it be silenced? I’ve read a few posts that this is a noisy movement.

- I’ve read a few posts of a few members in this community who does servicing for other members? Can someone post the link? I’ve been trying to find it, but not having much luck. Preferably someone who works out of Winnipeg, but if not preferably someone in Canada (don’t want to deal with the watch crossing borders).

Answers to your questions could had been found using the search function. We also have sections dedicated to watchmakers and horologist. Our search function works very well but I will make an exception, just this once,

1. Re. Local watch smith: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs/49762-how-to-find-a-local-watchsmith

2. Not all 9015's are noisy. I had one on a ZF PP Aquanaut and I never noticed it.

3. We have a whoooooole section dedicated to our approved watchmakers/horologist that are all over the world, see here. https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watchmakers-and-horologists

Oascom (the original poster in this thread) is one of the many watchmakers we have here, he's in the US.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Answers to your questions could had been found using the search function. We also have sections dedicated to watchmakers and horologist. Our search function works very well but I will make an exception, just this once,

1. Re. Local watch smith: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs/49762-how-to-find-a-local-watchsmith

2. Not all 9015's are noisy. I had one on a ZF PP Aquanaut and I never noticed it.

3. We have a whoooooole section dedicated to our approved watchmakers/horologist that are all over the world, see here. https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watchmakers-and-horologists

Oascom (the original poster in this thread) is one of the many watchmakers we have here, he's in the US.

Great work Gabe, always detailed and informative! Thanks for your contribution to the forum. Appreciate it greatly

Reactions: mclarendude

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Great work Gabe, always detailed and informative! Thanks for your contribution to the forum. Appreciate it greatly

Nothing to it my dude. Just helping out. :)

Five digit guy

14/6/19
oascom is the man! If you didn’t already know that, super cool dude couldn’t be happier with my watch I got back from him. Don’t hesitate his knowledge and craftsmanship is unmatched.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
oascom is the man! If you didn’t already know that, super cool dude couldn’t be happier with my watch I got back from him. Don’t hesitate his knowledge and craftsmanship is unmatched.

Thanks mate appreciate your feedback. Enjoy it and stay healthy !

dewie1975

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/18
I'm just here to say to say that oascom is THE MAN! He worked on a project for me does awesome work and still flies under the radar here on the forum for some reason. Give him props when ever you can gents!