• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

identification and try to fix problem at 9 oclock subdial

doumstyle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/19
Hello everyone
I have just been offered this watch. but I have several questions
1- Is it possible to identify its origin (noob, arf, other? for this 160610LN
2- sub dial at 9 o'clock, from time to time leaves position 12 in normal operation not in chrono mode
thank you in advance and a little indulgence, this is my first message
;)

​​​​​​​
190914055015704914.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Need more info. Post a side profile pic. Does the chrono function work normally? When the 9 subdial creeps if you leave it alone does it stop eventually? Always at the same spot?

doumstyle

14/9/19
Need more info. Post a side profile pic. Does the chrono function work normally? When the 9 subdial creeps if you leave it alone does it stop eventually? Always at the same spot?

yes the chronograph function works normally. the needle can very well stay on the 12 for a day and the next day it starts to turn (I would say the frequency of chrono mode) he don't stop if i leave it alone so I constantly keep an eye on it, it's very annoying, so I reset it by unscrewing the bottom button 3 to 4 times in the day.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So that's almost 15mm, yes? At that thickness and with the chronos working it's not an ARF. Also at that thickness with chronos working, it has an A7750 movement with a 4130 decoration plate. So it is not a new Noob with a real clone 4130. It could be an old Noob, a BP, JF, JHF, hard to tell.

I would suggest leaving the chronos completely alone, as the A7750s are notorious for having problematic chrono functions and if they malfunction it can break your whole movement. That's pretty much accepted practice. So if your 9 subdial starts to run again just let it run. See if it eventually stops. Continue leaving the chronos alone and see what the 9 subdial does. If it stays where it is, you can have it reset to straight up and down (12 o'clock) and then just leave the chronos alone, like you should always do on these watches anyway.

I had one that did this exact same thing, same subdial. I let it run and it eventually quit. So I reset the subdial hand to straight up and it isn't moving anymore.

doumstyle

14/9/19
Thank you very much for your answer. I use a translator to discuss and sometimes the translation is a little random. I understood that it was not an ARF I understood that it was a 7750 movement with an ornamental plate of 4130. this is the result that is not clear at the translation level. I think I understood that I had to leave the sub dial (the one at 9 o'clock) to turn and that maybe it would end up stopping? Can you just repeat this passage because I have trouble understanding it Thank you

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes let it run til it stops. Wait a couple weeks to make sure it remains stopped. Then open up the watch, remove the 9 subdial hand and re-press it straight up.

After that, don't use chronos anymore.

Last edited:

doumstyle

14/9/19
ha OK ... no worries to stop using chrono. I do not think I qualify to be able to open the watch and find a watchmaker who would be succeptible to do this job is mission impossible in my country where you have to have a watchmaker friend, it is not the case. thanks again for everything

Reactions: KJ2020