• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Freeze hands on Asia 7750

Watchloverz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/19
EU
Hi'

I own a Speedmaster DSOTM fitted with an Asia 7750. On this watch, Subdial on "3" position are fake. Both hands move simultaneously
Is it possible to freeze one of the hands to position 0 to look more "genuine"?

Is it difficult work? Is within the reach of a good handyman (beginner)?

Here's the watch, bought from M2M month ago: http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=13595

IMG-9843.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If you've never taken a movement out or reset hands, I would not attempt it. It's very easy to bend or scratch a hand or dial doing this. IDK about this model in particular, the hands at 3 may be glued together. But ordinarily both those hands should come off and should be able to be re-pressed to any position.

Watchloverz

23/6/19
EU
Thanks for your advice. I did not think about the glue ... I'm gonna leave it at it is.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That's a good decision. We all have horror stories about how we tried to make something "better" and made it worse. Sometimes much worse, lol.

Watchloverz

23/6/19
EU
I finally took apart the movement yesterday afternoon.

The needles were simply nested. I pulled them out, stacked them, and put them back together. The result is perfect!

On the other hand, we should know that the two hands turn together but i'm not using the chrono function so it's not a problem anyway.
It's a pleasure to have this dial at zero.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I did not think about the glue ... I'm gonna leave it at it is.
Sensible... Best option to avoid potential disaster. Good call.

I finally took apart the movement yesterday afternoon.
WAIT WUT?!?!?

Oh right - it's nearly two years later. I see what you were thinking. "Hey, that Chinese glue must have dissolved by now..." (Rolls up sleeves...)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
:D :D :D

Well, i will say that I bought some equipements, and I worked a DG3813 recently (https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs/9434587-first-mod-build-1675 -gmt).

I was bored last night and I said to myself: why not remove the movement on the DSOTM. The 7750 is not complicated to dismantle so I only took very few risks :)

When you say nested, you mean one was simply pressed on top of the other? That's one way to save some $, WTG rep factories. I agree it would look so much better with them both set to zero, good job.

Watchloverz

23/6/19
EU
When you say nested, you mean one was simply pressed on top of the other? That's one way to save some $, WTG rep factories. I agree it would look so much better with them both set to zero, good job.

Yes, just nested in each other. I don't understand why they did this