• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Oysterlock assembly

JoePineapples

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/17
When attempting to adjust the clasp on my Noob Explorer, the oysterlock mechanism fell apart. It's pretty complex, and for the life of me I can't work out how to reassemble it. Got all the parts, just no idea. Google is no help (perhaps unsurprisingly) so I'm putting it out here. Anyone with experience? Thanks guys.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Post a pic of your parts, someone will help talk you through it

Reactions: AlphaProt

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Yea. Pics would help a great deal here. The only issue that really can’t be fixed is the thin metal part on the clasp that’s basically welded on. The rest are small spring bars or rivet tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc1221

30/4/14
Damn. I’m not even sure how you managed to do that but you should be able to push that link together. It’s gonna take some serious pressure (I would suggest some threadlock and a clamp). Let it sit for a while and then assemble the rest of the clasp. Those should be spring bars for the most part.

JoePineapples

22/10/17
It was surprisingly simple! :) The components were held together (as far as I can tell) by just being in place. The second I pulled it out to move it along they came apart, no glue or binding of any kind.

bc1221

30/4/14
It was surprisingly simple! :) The components were held together (as far as I can tell) by just being in place. The second I pulled it out to move it along they came apart, no glue or binding of any kind.

Yea.. that thing was broken before you got it bc I’ve stripped my entire yachtmaster down and nothing in the clasp fell apart like that.

Reactions: JoePineapples

JoePineapples

22/10/17
Interesting. So that section of your oysterlock was one, fused piece?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI