• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2824/2836 date wheel swap not possible?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
I’ve obtained a gf seawolf (2) and I wanted to swap the date wheel with my h-fac seawolf (2). But during the process I realized one movement was a 2836 and the other a 2824. One date wheel is thicker as the other, so a swap isn’t possible. I tried to swap the dial instead, but size is a issue here again. Dial feet to short and other movement holder doesn’t fit the other case quite as well.

Any suggestions on this?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
For now I’ve put everything back, but suggestions are welcome.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
You can shave the datewheel you want to use down as thin as possible and sand the current datewheel on the face side and use the new datewheel as a overlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
You can shave the datewheel you want to use down as thin as possible and sand the current datewheel on the face side and use the new datewheel as a overlay.

Yeah, but then I give up one datewheel. Just want to switch them... Need them both in working order. Just one slightly more accurate as the other.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Yeah, but then I give up one datewheel. Just want to switch them... Need them both in working order. Just one slightly more accurate as the other.

Are they just standard ETA datewheels? Or overlay?
I might have a extra 2836 DW. White background. Black text.

If I do, you’re more than welcome to have it. I can mail it to you or if you pay for shipping, I can priority ship.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Are they just standard ETA datewheels? Or overlay?
I might have a extra 2836 DW. White background. Black text.

If I do, you’re more than welcome to have it. I can mail it to you or if you pay for shipping, I can priority ship.

Awesome offer. But I’m afraid I need the other one. Have send you a pm.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Bc1221 ‘s datewheel would have been a good option, however it turns out it has a overlay.

But this made me realize that obtaining a 2836 datewheel with eta fond would be the best way to go. (By the looks of it, the eta and Breitling fond are much alike, except for the ‘2’s’.
I will make a wtb thread in the sales section.

Last edited: