• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Avenger Bandit Titanium - GEN Bezel

alpride4ever

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/12
Anyone know where to find a gen bezel for the Avenger Bandit Titanium?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Yeah me to. But you can try and mod the pearl. If you place a drop of clear coat on top of the pearl, it looks just like gen.
However, I my case I couldn’t get a big fat droplet to dry nicely. They all collapse.
Uv glue doesn’t harden enough, 2 compounds glue will do the trick probably.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yeah me to. But you can try and mod the pearl. If you place a drop of clear coat on top of the pearl, it looks just like gen.
However, I my case I couldn’t get a big fat droplet to dry nicely. They all collapse.
Uv glue doesn’t harden enough, 2 compounds glue will do the trick probably.

this stuff works great on pearls , ive been using it for a years now

https://2wardspolymerclay.com.au/shop/gel-du-soleil/

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thx guys! Question though: do you remove the pearl before applying the glaze? If not, what are you using to make sure the glaze doesn’t hit the bezel - masking tape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you use the stuff i showed you, its very thick and doesnt run , if you get it on the bezel you can easily wipe it off , as it wont cure till you blast it with UV light

alpride4ever

16/12/12
if you use the stuff i showed you, its very thick and doesnt run , if you get it on the bezel you can easily wipe it off , as it wont cure till you blast it with UV light

Awesome. Thank you!!!

On a side note, would you happen to know where I can find a gen bezel?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Awesome. Thank you!!!

On a side note, would you happen to know where I can find a gen bezel?

i dont , sorry

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Thx guys! Question though: do you remove the pearl before applying the glaze? If not, what are you using to make sure the glaze doesn’t hit the bezel - masking tape?

I use a pin or a toothpick. Just dip it in the glue/resin, just enough for one drop, and place the pin deadcenter on the pearl. If you miss, just wipe it off ( I like to use baby wipes, there a bit oily and even remove paint from you skin).

You can only get a gen bezel trough Breitling themselves.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the cost would be the same as a new rep. If you could get it at all.

Hopefully Raddave’s resin it better as mine. Because I want it to be the best as possible and was already looking at a new idea: Flattening the pearl and Placing a half glass ball on top of it. But I up till now I could not find a small enough size ball.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Great!
Do you perhaps have a picture of the result?

XOAkLBi.jpg

eopNyZP.jpg

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Raddave Okay, that looks good. But is quite flat right? Would a done shape be possible? Or will it collapse?

(Uv glue worked well for the shape. But the top coat stays soft. Rub it once and it’s matte instead of clear.)

Last edited:

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Raddave Okay, that looks good. But is quite flat right? Would a done shape be possible? Or will it collapse?

(Uv glue worked well for the shape. But the top coat stays soft. Rub it once and it’s matte instead of clear.)

No its domed , and this stuff actually cures harder than 2 part epoxy , i blast it for 20 minutes with UV light , then let it sit on the window sill for a day , it doesnt yellow , and stays shiny , it doesnt collapse like like regular UV glue

Reactions: TBK

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
here is another one i did you can see the doming better

UreM6WA.jpg

alpride4ever

16/12/12

No worries, I’ll try the stuff from the link you sent me. Much appreciated!

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
How far down do you need to sand the pearl? And, what’s the best material to use for sanding?

what does your pearl look like now ?

me personally , i empty the lume bucket and relume it first , so ive never actually had to sand it

alpride4ever

16/12/12
what does your pearl look like now ?

me personally , i empty the lume bucket and relume it first , so ive never actually had to sand it

The pearl looks like it did when I received the watch....close to gen but missing the depth...

How do you “empty the lume bucket”?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Dig the lume out with a jewelers screwdriver