• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A2892 stopped

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Hi,

I just get my Hublot JJF classic fusion (from M2M) :
https://puretimewatch.io/classic-fus...rap-a2892.html

And it's DOA , i don't have any answer from the previous owner for now to know if i'ts the shipping or it have been already broken before, but nevermind it's not the discussion here.

So , the second hand dont move at all , i have do a full wind from the cown (like 45 turns) , also give some move with my wrist, nothing can wake up this second.
Just one time, i have move several time my wrist and suddenly the second did some turn , like 2 complete turn, and then stop again and impossible to wake again....

Did you know from where i can start looking to know what's is going wrong here ?

I don't have any replica watchsmith friend around my home so before to get in touch with some watchsmith here and wait severals weeks/month i want to try to maybe do some basic check.

Thanks !

Last edited:

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Sharki06 Where are you based? From the sound of your explained problems. My guess is a few possibilities:

1. End shake issue with the pallet fork and balance spring.
2. End shake with escape wheel and pallet fork and/or train gears.
3. Some lose parts stuck in between.

But my guess still cant beat an actual service with a watch maker.

I am just a crazy hobbist that can fix watches. I am based at singapore.

Reactions: Sharki06

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Thanks tsyeo4 , seems too complicated for me , i will contact a watchsmith here to fix it :) (i'm located in france)